Toronto Ten93 Queen West | 28.35m | 9s | Pemberton | RAW Design

I noticed their ad in the new issue of Condo Guide this week.

Anyone have renderings to share other than the elevations in the development application docs? Would be nice to see :)

This will certainly look different but these old renders were never posted.

http://www.chascamp.com/blog/?page_id=1613

1093Queen_earlySketch02_dec2008.jpg

1093Queen_earlySketch01_dec2008.jpg

I'm curious what it looks like, too. I can't find anything recent online and I've only seen interior renderings in The Sun newspaper, plus the photos of chefs and bartenders and artists in their ads.

Some basic info:

Ten93 Queen West will offer 134 suites in a striking 9-storey building with colourful panels that create a distinctive look. Will include studios, one-bedroom, one-bedroom + den, two-bedroom, two bedroom + den, plus two storey urban suite designs. Suites will range in size from 460 to 1,160 sq. ft. Occupancy is slated for Spring 2016.

Really? I would have thought you'd have (rightly) bemoaned the lack of brick here - red and otherwise. The metal paneling seems an odd choice to me.

Really? I would have thought you'd have (rightly) bemoaned the lack of brick here - red and otherwise. The metal paneling seems an odd choice to me.

Yes really. I know it's essentially a copy of trendy European designs but it's colourful, has a different texture and also is a nod towards the warehouse style of the building it replaces. I like to be surprised--this is a pleasant surprise so yes, build it!

I thought that I saw red brick in it when this was released last week. Isn't that what the red parts are? I understand that the rest is metal panels. Regardless, it's very cool and a nice fit with WQW :cool: Nice to see that people are interested in it now.

WOW! I like the vibrant colours!

Abacus, Origami, Howard Park, and now this,
Toronto is seeing more and more great mid-rise condos!

It's true. And RAW Design plays a big part in designing these mid-rise gems.

I'm all for taking an existing neighbourhood and throwing in some well-designed and well-located mid-rises. But some other new WQW developments (specifically at the triangle) weren't so well thought out.

Pemberton is going to the Committee of Adjustment on Feb 25 to reduce the number of parking spaces required here. Looks like less than a third of the parking spaces required by the original bylaw sold. This city is moving in the right direction car-wise.

1. Section 2 (h), By-laws 87-2014 (OMB)
The minimum required number of parking spaces for the 1-bedroom units is 85 spaces. In this case, 25 parking spaces will be provided for the 1-bedroom units.
2. Section 2(i), By-law 87-2014 (OMB)
The minimum required number of parking spaces for the retail use is 10 spaces. In this case, 5 parking spaces will be provided for the retail use.

We will see if the CoA says okay. Can't imagine why they wouldn't.

The vast majority of people that I know who own condos in Toronto, do not have a car, so maybe it's just that fewer people in the core are driving. I even know people who had cars when they moved to the core but after a year of living downtown for about a year, they got rid of their cars. I don't think that's so unusual in Toronto today. Finding parking in the core is expensive and it can be more trouble than it's worth.

Back