Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The city has a stake in this development.

Old news yes, but still the fact.

Personally, I dont have anything against the city getting into the real estate game. Considering the financial situation it's probably a no-brainer.

The city has a stake in this development.

Old news yes, but still the fact.

Personally, I dont have anything against the city getting into the real estate game. Considering the financial situation it's probably a no-brainer.

Regardless of who the proponent is there is still a statutory process that must be followed. Community consultation is an integral part of the development process. A project of this magnitude should have a lot of input from the public. This meeting is not about trying to sell a 75-story building to the public, but providing information about the proposal and hearing what the public has to say.

It's a conflict, but how is this different from OMERS developing accross the street, they are owned by City employees. Plus, with development charges, Section 37 agreements, etc. every municiplailty has, in effect, a direct financial interest in development.

I would hope this project would be curtain wall or at least more seamless than typical glass but the renderings make me feel like it will likely have mullion caps.

The design changes are great though... just like that, all the above-ground parking is gone, and the more articulated shape of the tower looks awesome too. Looks more "grounded" now instead of a bit awkward like it did before.

Windows look similar to Aura : )

Doesn't feel as slick anymore without the dark vertical fins running up the side of the tower and compartmentalizing the white extrusions. Without the mechanical box and decorative fins, the building now also lacks a cap.

Good changes in the pedestrian realm, but not so in the design side of things- it feels like everything's going every which way.

Back