Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Much better than the previous version. I'll be interested to see the detailed renders to check out the materials on the north and south sides of the building. The podium looks great and the renders from the west look great, but the rest looks like it could be a little "meh". To me, the height looks just about perfect for the spot.

Regarding the neighborhood association, we should remember that most of these people are likely original residents that moved in during the first condo construction period in the 80s. Most of the older folks in my building have been around since that time. To them, we're not unlike the new condo residents in the entertainment district crashing their party. We're moving into their established neighborhood and demanding that it change to meet our values... and by "we" I mean those advocating for increased height and density, not just those interested in moving to the neighborhood. I'm not saying that change is wrong, just that we should have a little compassion for those that have lived here for 25 years, and maybe lay off the ridicule.

I'm also cautiously optimistic. The changes mostly appear for the better. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the loss of a few floors. Glad the shape of the site is dictating more of the design. Let's hope this actually happens.

New Condo Market sales down 32% in August, the trend is continuing...

Let's see if this one can get off the ground, before hoping for additional floors.

That's a huge drop. Well, it's to be expected. What goes up, etc. It'll likely be a slow tapering off of a very hot market, but I'm guessing we've seen the last breathtaking crest for the next several years.

the new design is actually quite nice. fits in much better and isnt a cube or box. i did like that last one but this new one even with decreased hieght fits in much better. and is slightly more interesting to look at.

The new design really has a WOW factor. I love how sharp it is and how the tower tapers to the west, will really be amazing looking at it from the Gardiner.
Plus it looks like its around the same height range as it was before, maybe 10 meters shorter at the most.
Now if only they could sell their old design to Menkes... :)

The new design really has a WOW factor. I love how sharp it is and how the tower tapers to the west, will really be amazing looking at it from the Gardiner.
Plus it looks like its around the same height range as it was before, maybe 10 meters shorter at the most.
Now if only they could sell their old design to Menkes... :)

The old design got sent back to the drawing board, so the same thing would happen if Menkes went and proposed the same thing

New Condo Market sales down 32% in August.

Is this number corrected for the normal summer real estate slowdown? That in itself is substantial.

Spring is the biggest real estate market (for residential) then Summer slows considerably as everyone goes on vacation. Fall is the second biggest market and over Christmas it slows again.

Back