Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Great photos.

I'm really disappointed they didn't continue the flatiron point from the podium onto the balconies. It would have created an amazing effect plus given these units some of the best balconies in Toronto (can see both North and South). Engineering it would not have been that difficult other than you may have required a pillar at the point.

Or ditch the balcony and go for a curved glass, 1BE type treatment.

AoD

33338239926_3f36274ff9_h.jpg

33338229616_301c1b3810_h.jpg

I believe the south core area along with the waterfront east is going to be such a stunning part of Toronto by two to three years from now..could easily overtake yorkville

I believe the south core area along with the waterfront east is going to be such a stunning part of Toronto by two to three years from now..could easily overtake yorkville
I would love to agree with you, but Yorkville has all that fine grain retail and village charm (in parts) that make it much more attractive to foot traffic and cafe lifestyle. Southcore is strictly urban and isn't very gentle at street level. It's cool for sure, but it's not ideal as far as urban design standards go, unfortunately. There's the lake to pull people, but there's not much in the way of higher order transit to entice yuppies to move in. It's not far from transit, but it's not directly connected to two subway lines like Yorkville is.

That said I do like Southcore and I'm excited for the ramp to come down, it will really change the feel of the area.

Back