Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

glass towers, unless reflective, don't generally have huge impacts on skylines, especially in toronto where the weather is overcast so often.

Feb 20

3298378245_c291cf03dc_b.jpg

3298379071_36711760aa_b.jpg

3298378877_72b2c31b93_b.jpg

glass towers, unless reflective, don't generally have huge impacts on skylines, especially in toronto where the weather is overcast so often.

haven't spent much time in Vancouver, barrytron?

actually interchange, vancouver is one of the cities i was referring too. i've been there a few times, and think it's a great place, but i don't like their skyline at all. it is mostly 30-story, stumpy glass condos. none of them are very dynamic, all of them very similar. however, glass towers comprise almost all of vancouvers skyline, so the effect is slightly different.

but, as i've regurgitated so many times before, plain glass looks dull and grey, especially in cities with overcast climates. and in a city like toronto, with existing skyscrapers that are made out of brightly coloured metals and stones, as well as the concrete behemoth and its pearly white friend, glass (boxy) towers will have a hard time making a significant impact on the skyline.

Path connection?

Does anyone know if the Telus building is going to have a Path connection as soon as it's complete? Or do the renovations to Union station need to be done first?

Does anyone know if the Telus building is going to have a Path connection as soon as it's complete? Or do the renovations to Union station need to be done first?

Yes, Telus will be connected to the path by way of the new Union entrance being constructed to the east of the tower. There will also be a bridge across York St. (right up against the railway tracks) which will connect the new PWC tower to the west. Ice and MLS should also have their own connections, but the Infinity series will not.

I really like the way this building looks like it is piggy backing on top of the black box portion. Definitely one of the nicest buildings to be built in Toronto in a long time.

Back