News   Jul 02, 2024
 506     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 656     0 

Toronto Tech Boom

Seems like there are waves of layoffs and belt-tightening in the tech industry over the last year or so.
Well, if you don’t actually do any work, is it any surprise?

Whenever I’m on Google, gmail, sheets, etc. or Facebook and notice no real improvements or even design and functionality changes, I sometimes wonder what all those tens of thousands of tech workers are doing.

Last edited:
Whenever I’m on Google, gmail, sheets, etc. or Facebook and notice no real improvements or even design and functionality changes, I sometimes wonder what all those tens of thousands of tech workers are doing.
Plus some actual real regression over the years, some of these products are less usable/useful than when they were first released.

Like what you said, I chalk above issue down to 'too many cooks' who need to look busy/improve the bottom line so they fuss around with near-perfected products, destroying them over time.

Plus some actual real regression over the years, some of these products are less usable/useful than when they were first released.

Like what you said, I chalk above issue down to 'too many cooks' who need to look busy/improve the bottom line so they fuss around with near-perfected products, destroying them over time.
Google Search today is terrible. I miss my 20s when from about 1991-2001 we had real choice in useful search.

Back