Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

If the pub had a sign right by the sidewalk it would make a huge difference. Same with if they had a patio extending that far across as well.
I have walked down that street plenty of times after work for 2 years and if I didn't know because of this forum that there was a pub there, I wouldn't notice its presense at all.

Oct 14, 2019

fullsizeoutput_3060.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3061.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3066.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3065.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3067.jpeg

Last edited:
Figured this was as good a place as any (can't recall if s37 monies went to this, but at least it's proximate) -- from Unlyst on Twitter:

View attachment 340931

I saw that the other day, when walking in the area after attending a movie.

Didn't have the good camera with.........

I think the paving turned out well; the trees are too early to evaluate in terms of growth potential/survival; though I do wish there was more open ground around them, that style of tree pit has a poor record.

I think what stood out most though was what's not there, at least in any quantity, seating.

Figured this was as good a place as any (can't recall if s37 monies went to this, but at least it's proximate) -- from Unlyst on Twitter:

View attachment 340931
This is definitely the correct thread for the pic; this was originally designed to be a rocky outcrop surrounded by trees, like a more sylvan version of the rock at Village of Yorkville Park, and it was tied to Tableau. Remember this rendering?

153-2277.jpg

The lead on Tableau's development team told me a few years ago though that he had received nothing but pushback from the City's Transportation department, and was beginning to think that the hill would never go in… and there's the results.

The paving is a Claude Cormier + Associés design, BTW!

Doesnt surprise me we didnt get the hill if the Transportation Dept was against it. They're still stuck in the 1950's, and heck they havent even been able to get that time period right if that's their current MO.

I like it. Sad not to have the hill, and @ADRM's point about lingering is well-taken but could be easily solved with a couple benches.

This is hands-down my favourite intersection in the Entertainment District. If only all new builds could be of the quality of the four completed in proximity to this intersection (and a fifth in the form of the Carlysle Condos looks set to match it)...

This is definitely the correct thread for the pic; this was originally designed to be a rocky outcrop surrounded by trees, like a more sylvan version of the rock at Village of Yorkville Park, and it was tied to Tableau. Remember this rendering?

153-2277.jpg

The lead on Tableau's development team told me a few years ago though that he had received nothing but pushback from the City's Transportation department, and was beginning to think that the hill would never go in… and there's the results.

The paving is a Claude Cormier + Associés design, BTW!

Looks like the hill was simply replaced by more trees; everyone knows I'm a tree person, but were the trees here actually successful in growing to size, they're a bit crowded.

If they were adamantly against the hill (for whatever reason ???) I think a simply perennial floral feature , anchored by some seating on 2 sides would have been preferable.

I'm really curious about the objections; it doesn't appear to be a big sightline issue, and I can't imagine it would be difficult to maintain........

So, I was by here today.

In my post above, just observing from the pics, I said:

I think what stood out most though was what's not there, at least in any quantity, seating.

Ummm, I stand corrected, sorta.............there is NO Seating. I thought what looked like a curb might be wide enough to sit on, not so.

Pic Taken August 20th, 2021:

1629484427794.png

While there, I did observe that whenever they did this, they finally fixed the Peter St. Streetscape on the east side, north of Richmond:

1629484495056.png

Nice Elm!

Don't care for black paving stones, if you're not looking closely they read as asphalt.

As this area is covered by a BIA, with a streetscape masterplan, I might have hoped for something a bit more ambitious here.

Back