Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Hopefully the rest of the front facade will be retained. However, a part of me thinks that we'll be getting some sort of 1 Bedford treatment, with only that part of the facade being saved.

`
90harbour.jpg

the site across york on this will be tinier then it currently is because the gardiner off ramp re-config will see the ramp come down the side closet to the Gardiner... I'm almost expecting it to become a park, so 90 harbour could be the last york project....

Cynical! There may be some just cause for some of that in this 'hood, but I am thinking that other new developments like Shangri-La may set a tone and curry some influence. I have a gut feeling that you, Big Daddy, are in for a big and pleasant surprise (especially given the price paid for this parcel).

What I mean is First Canadian Place is the tallest building in Toronto (and Canada) and yet it ranks 135th in the world but first in the "boring, box" category. Check out the other buildings both built and proposed across the globe and see how we stack up. Makes you want to puke when you see another opportunity like 90 Harbour, 501 yonge and others simply slip away.

All this building........and no boom.

What I mean is First Canadian Place is the tallest building in Toronto (and Canada) and yet it ranks 135th in the world but first in the "boring, box" category. Check out the other buildings both built and proposed across the globe and see how we stack up. Makes you want to puke when you see another opportunity like 90 Harbour, 501 yonge and others simply slip away.

Hahaha, dont tell that to certain people on UT that think that FCP is the greatest thing since sliced bread:D...anyways getting back to 90 Harbour, why do i get the feeling they are getting ready to implode the building.

Androiduk's photo above makes me sad. I sure hope they build something big, bold and spectacular here to make up for losing this building.

Check out the other buildings both built and proposed across the globe and see how we stack up. Makes you want to puke when you see another opportunity like 90 Harbour, 501 yonge and others simply slip away.

Wow, that diagram really shows what an opportunity we've missed during this boom. All this investment, and we've ended up with a bunch of glass boxes. Such a shame. :(

Hahaha, dont tell that to certain people on UT that think that FCP is the greatest thing since sliced bread:D...anyways getting back to 90 Harbour, why do i get the feeling they are getting ready to implode the building.

Do they implode buildings this small? I would imagine that a backhoe would be cheaper- but perhaps this building is too solid to tear down using that method.

I am not a huge fan of this building as a whole, it could have been used well although more likely it wouldn't have been spectacular. But I did like the huge stone front. Sad to see in the pictures that is has been broken up and torn down.

An interesting thing to note is that this building was home of the Worker's Compensation Board from 1953 to 1974, athough it is more well known for being the old OPP headquarters from when the WSIB's tenantship ended until 1995.

Then again, the deliberate nature of its removal may suggest the elements are being saved for reerection, or something...

Hopefully.

However I'd always hoped that a developer would take a page from MARS when it came to redeveloping this site.

A pity.

Wait what proposed office tower ?

I thought the 90 Harbour site was far from set in stone as to what is going on it ?

Back