Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Honestly, this is unacceptable. This "before & after" would be a great article for a newspaper ;)

Unacceptable, but not uncommon.
CBC produced a documentary many years ago called ‘The Condo Game’. The entire segment is worth a watch, but a comment made at the 4:53 mark references the exact same dilemna of rendering vs reality.

Winners opening on April 3rd.

Taken Saturday, March 24, 2018:

I noticed the exterior signage for the Winners store along Harbour Street for the first time today. Very subtle and subdued. I like it. Very classy. I don't believe that it will be illuminated at night, which is great. Elegant is how I would describe it...

View attachment 138362

View attachment 138364

View attachment 138365
North sidewalk alongside Harbour Street looking eastward from York Street. I presume words "Coppas", "Pure Fitness" and "Mercantile" will eventually appear on this vertical sign below the "Winners" moniker.

The hoarding is down for the Winners opening next week. The store is stocked and looks ready to open today.

It's located right next to the 88 Harbour PATH entrance facing Harbour 60

I'll try to get pictures later today.

The hoarding is down for the Winners opening next week. The store is stocked and looks ready to open today.

It's located right next to the 88 Harbour PATH entrance facing Harbour 60

I'll try to get pictures later today.

To the left is the door to the 88 Harbour tower in the PATH. This photo was taken last night.

Attachments

• 29550883_10210840435201055_1568616470_n.jpg
    29550883_10210840435201055_1568616470_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Mar 31

Main Entrance (facing Lake Shore) on the 1 York PATH Side

PANO_20180331_104842.jpg

Side Entrance (facing Harbour 60) on the Harbour Plaza/RBC WaterPark Place PATH side

IMG_20180331_104654.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180331_104654.jpg
    IMG_20180331_104654.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 570
  • PANO_20180331_104842.jpg
    PANO_20180331_104842.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 577
How does Winners have the money for all these retail locations in the era of online shopping?

you should check out TJX's (the parent of winners/marshall's/homesense) stock price performance. they are one of the very few retailers still doing well. i struggle to understand it because i'm not that kind of shopper, but apparently the "bargain bin treasure hunt" format is working wonders for them. traffic and average ticket sizes all going up consistently over the last decade.

Low prices for unique, quality items if you have the patience to find them. I buy a lot of nice clothes from downtown locations at low prices that I'd otherwise not get at the prices online.

I also like trying on the clothes before buying them so I never (nor would never buy clothes online).

you should check out TJX's (the parent of winners/marshall's/homesense) stock price performance. they are one of the very few retailers still doing well. i struggle to understand it because i'm not that kind of shopper, but apparently the "bargain bin treasure hunt" format is working wonders for them. traffic and average ticket sizes all going up consistently over the last decade.

Taylor and Colt and Trade Secrets/ Glamour Secrets opened this afternoon.

Taylor and Colt is next to Winners on the One York Path side, facing Lake Shore. Trade Secrets/ Glamour Secrets is next to Taylor.

Pictures to come later.

It’s all about the hunt. Many shoppers like the physical searching for items, especially things that are considered a good find. It’s a thrill to find a brand you like in your size, and only 1 of an article. People snatch it up in case they never find it again. It’s different than going to a store with a dozen articles in your size at full retail value.
It’s the experience of the hunt, and the feeling of having found a one time bargain item.

Back