Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Those shots really capture the excitement of the cityscape you experience when entering the city on the Gardiner. I've never seen pictures that capture that feeling quite like those. Great shots and thanks for sharing, Kotsy!

From Leslieville, earlier today:

DSC06783.jpg

Attachments

• DSC06783.jpg
    DSC06783.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 2,223
Looks great but I cannot help but feel as if the frosted balconies are going up all over the place. This, Exhibit, 1000 Bay, One Bloor, U, etc... At least Ice is cylindrical and Casa 2 has an interesting pattern. I suppose it could be much worse but still.

The frosted balconies look great. I hope that grey spandrel won't be too visible when all is said and done...

I'm surprised they didn't go for darker grey back-pans so that the horizontal bands formed by the balconies will be more prominent than the vertical spandrel features. But I suppose they felt that those interrupted vertical strips will create an interesting expression.

wmedia beat me to it, but here's some shots from ground level:

fufuyu.JPG
fuygyy.JPG
guffuttf.JPG
gyggy7.JPG
tffuty.JPG
ygtyuygt.JPG

Attachments

• fufuyu.JPG
    fufuyu.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,467
  • fuygyy.JPG
    fuygyy.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,821
  • guffuttf.JPG
    guffuttf.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,803
  • gyggy7.JPG
    gyggy7.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,852
  • tffuty.JPG
    tffuty.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,456
  • ygtyuygt.JPG
    ygtyuygt.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 3,456
Fingers crossed the balcony installation doesn't stall here for months and months like One Bloor and Five

I share your hope but I suspect the balcony glass will stall just like ONE bloor and I assume the reason is the same, completing the building envelope is a bigger priority to allow work to continue inside...

Speaking of One Bloor, I think the undulating balcony design here looks better so far. The pattern is just much more visually engaging. These really create a sense of motion that I don't see at One Bloor.

Back