Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

Is that a bike lane? And where will it begin and stop?

Yes, (a bike boulevard); it's associated with and part of the design for the Harbour Street extension which is what you're looking at in that shot.

In the short-term, it would only exist through the site, pending completion of the rest of the Harbour extension.

The extension would (ultimately) run from the existing terminus at Yonge to Jarvis.

Last edited:
Yes, (a bike boulevard); it's associated with and part of the design for the Harbord Street extension which is what you're looking at in that shot.

In the short-term, it would only exist through the site, pending completion of the rest of the Harbord extension.

The extension would (ultimately) run from the existing terminus at Yonge to Jarvis.
Thank you!

No, but this building is east of Sky Tower. The title I was referring to is no longer tallest building east of Yonge (regardless of whatever store is on the ground floor), but tallest easternmost building in Canada.
Somewhat shockingly Ottawa might be the first to steal the crown 👑 by a couple metres. The tallest of the three Trinity Station towers is 232.5 metres (I think it's approved)... located quite a hike from its table-top downtown.

900-albert.JPG

Link

The tallest building East of Yonge street that has approval for construction will actually be 6609 Stanley Avenue in Niagara Falls standing at 254 meters

Isn't Niagara Falls WEST of Yonge? Or at least it was the last time I visited...
He's right. Most people think Niagara Falls is west of Yonge since you have to go west from Toronto to get there. But the lake curves eastward south of Hamilton. If you draw a straight line from Niagara Falls north across the lake, you'll end up somewhere in Scarborough, or at least the old Toronto / Scarborough border, which is definitely east of Yonge. Still, the current tallest building there is around 177m, so Sugar Wharf 1 will be way taller. As for the approved 254m, we'll see it when it happens, but yes it could potentially take the crown away from this tower.

All this is trivial no? Once the later stages of this very development go up they'll hold the title for quite some time (299m) unless we get a supertall in Niagara or Lower Don Lands area

All this is trivial no? Once the later stages of this very development go up they'll hold the title for quite some time (299m) unless we get a supertall in Niagara or Lower Don Lands area
All the later stages towers (plus One Yonge) are west of this tower. As I said, it's not about being east of Yonge, but the most easterly.

He's right. Most people think Niagara Falls is west of Yonge since you have to go west from Toronto to get there. But the lake curves eastward south of Hamilton. If you draw a straight line from Niagara Falls north across the lake, you'll end up somewhere in Scarborough, or at least the old Toronto / Scarborough border, which is definitely east of Yonge. Still, the current tallest building there is around 177m, so Sugar Wharf 1 will be way taller. As for the approved 254m, we'll see it when it happens, but yes it could potentially take the crown away from this tower.
The approved 254m building in Niagara Falls is directly south of Pickering more or less. Definitely a bit confusing.

The balcony cladding, along with the glass behind it are both high quality, no doubt of that. I remain unsold at this point though
You'll have to wait to see the pattern emerging from each panel from at least 10 floors to finally get a result on these tower's facade looks. At least they're using the same metal panels style from Harbour Plaza Residents which is nice.

Back