Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

Nov 16 2010 update

Sales Office continues under construction
IMG_5124.jpg

Scaled Model
IMG_5123.jpg

haha, they put the Ritz backwards! :), Also I don't see the new Shangri-La either even though it's climbing very quickly and will probably be up before the shovel hits the ground for this project.

First, I don't see enough of the city model (which I think is also missing Scotia Plaza) to actuall see where "Studio" is - or will be - much less where Shangri-la is - or will be;

and second, why is the taller building (in the condo model) all glass while the shorter tower is finished?

First, I don't see enough of the city model (which I think is also missing Scotia Plaza) to actuall see where "Studio" is - or will be - much less where Shangri-la is - or will be;

and second, why is the taller building (in the condo model) all glass while the shorter tower is finished?

The shorter one is the phase that is currently being marketed and sold.

only on Urban Toronto would someone notice that the Ritz was backwards in a photograph of a scale model. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why UT...is...awesome!

Really cool sign in the entrance to the sales centre. You can't see the details, because the camera on my phone sucks, but this gives you an idea:

[video=youtube;3mKnPLI9Y3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mKnPLI9Y3s[/video]

Studio's presentation centre did open this weekend, and we have a few shots of the model and the model suite for you.

The tower from the northwest.

StudioTowerP1200575.jpg

The rooftop mechanicals will be hidden behind a screen accented by coloured translucent panels.

StudioTopP1200580.jpg

Angles in the coloured panels will be picked up in the mullions that frame the corners. Connected to OCADU's Richmond campus and housing new gallery from them, Studio borrows those angles and colours from OCADU's paintbrush columns a couple of blocks away.

StudioSideP1200582.jpg

The presentation centre features a model suite complete with the building's mullions. Looking through...

StudioWindowP1200540.jpg

Living Room and Kitchen views. The angles featured on the exterior show up in the integrated fridge and cupboard pulls in the kitchen..

StudioLivKitP1200550.jpg

StudioLivKitP1200539.jpg

StudioKitP1200544.jpg

One becdroom...

StudioBedP1200556.jpg

And another...

StudioBedP1200566.jpg

StudioBedP1200568.jpg

And views from two bathrooms...

StudioBathP1200571.jpg

StudioShowerP1200557.jpg

We'll have more shot of the model in an upcoming post.

Last edited:
Love the kitchen and bathrooms.

I wish you had included a photo of the southern side. I'm curious what's on the ground level facing south, and how it will look for Boutique phase 1 residents. Hopefully that is to come as you posted you have more pics of the model.

I really wish they had built this the way I thought it was going to from the first line drawings. It appeared to angle inwards and outwards, with each "block". Instead, it's square, and they use mullions to achieve that effect.

haha, when Studio gets built it'll block whatever the views for that one side of Boutique condos. Instead of looking out into the parking lot, they'll be looking out towards each others windows.

like how the mirror extends into the shower. never seen that before. Too bad so many of these new condos don't have an eye-level medicine cabinet.

Last edited:
Extended mirror into shower in nice, in theory, but very impractical. If you are a neat freak, it's task alone to squeegy your glass shower walls/door after every shower to avoid frequent water mark/dirt clean up - cleaning a mirror in addition after every shower is pushing it.

Back