Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

Yes his screen prints were REAL. So after googling surrealism I see you're leaving Dali alone. You're funny.

Yes his screen prints were REAL. So after googling surrealism I see you're leaving Dali alone. You're funny.

thedeepend is correct. In short form:

Surrealism: art is produced from the juxtaposition of two or more unrelated objects ("an umbrella and a sewing machine on an operating table")
Warhol: art is what one says art is

You used surrealism in a more colloquial sense - surrealism = strange. You could call Warhol strange, but to avoid confusing him with a distinct artistic movement, you should probably stick to strange.

And the rendering is not surreal. If anything, it looks more like a High Romantic painting - think Friedrich or Turner.

yeesh.

1. i don't need to google surrealism.
2. i never said Salvador Dali wasn't a surrealist. he is.
3. you claimed Andy Warhol was a surrealist. he isn't.

goodbye.

Who is The Joker? Harry Stinson?

Stinson is more like Scarecrow. Rob Ford could be the Joker but I think he's better suited as the Penguin. (or perhaps a new character: The Walrus.) As for Freed, I don't think he has quite the presence yet to be Batman. I'm thinking someone more along the lines of David Mirvish, who, incidentally, has already had a prolonged tiff with Stinson/Scarecrow.

Is this ever off topic... Sorry admins.

This is going to be an incredibly dense area when the developers are finished with it.

studiodense.jpg

This is a very good looking project. However, the original was extremely innovative and its something of a shame to lose it. I'm referring to the s-shaped podium.

What was the planning depts rationale for rejecting the project? Please dont tell me scale since its just 2 blocks from University.

I recall the dept also rejected a stacked series of boxes type of tower just a little West which was also quite striking. Blending in and respecting exiting scale can go too far sometimes.

Last edited:
There is another ad for the project in the Real Estate section of the Globe today - a different and IMO more exciting one.

And University Plaza remains one of the MOST hideous condo buildings around.

AoD

Back