News   Jul 30, 2024
 142     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 820     1 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 541     0 

Toronto Street Food

It was too late for a hotdog (none that I know if operating @ midnight) so I went to Café Dip. for a nice juicy panino.. yum!

The service was horrible... Why is that place still so popular? They haven't reno'd that place since the 80's..

They expanded it in the 90s. As far as not renoing it goes; presumably, that's part of the old-school charm; and we all know the curse of the restaurant makeover...

I want street Shawarma! The city has doner kebabs on their list but no shawarma!!

Shawarma is the best fast food in the history of time!!

It was too late for a hotdog (none that I know if operating @ midnight)

The hotdog vendor at the ne corner of Queen & Spadina is open around the clock I believe...

Noodles!

It would be awesome being able to get a nice serving of hot pad thai or shanghai noodles or singapore noodles right on the street. Mmmmm I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

I don't know why everyone goes on about the hotdogs--the sausages are where it's at. Best street meat anywhere! Although the two day aftertaste is like a bad acid trip for your intestines.
My street vendor wish list:
1. Baguette sandwiches (like the ones you get in Paris)
&
2. Shish Kabobs

mmm...

I don't know why everyone goes on about the hotdogs--the sausages are where it's at. Best street meat anywhere! Although the two day aftertaste is like a bad acid trip for your intestines.
My street vendor wish list:
1. Baguette sandwiches (like the ones you get in Paris)
&
2. Shish Kabobs

mmm...

I've been eating street meat all over the world and I would have absolutely no hesitation in putting Toronto's hotdogs up against any other and completely expect us to win.

The guy across from the Eaton Centre makes some delicious ones.. yum!!

I think the point of this exercise is to expand the range of offerings at the street carts. Until now the variety of food has been extremely limited. I look forward to a better selection this summer.

I have eaten hot dogs from the street vendors many times and never had a problem. I like one of the trucks that parks on Queen Street directly in front of City Hall. They have very good fries. I also patronized a couple of them at Queen and Spadina last summer, when they had a price war at that corner and seemed to be selling hot dogs at cost, or maybe even less. Not sure if that is still going on.

We need Klauh Kalesh. Some crab juice would be nice to wash that aftertaste down too.

4f22_krabbensaft.jpg

Back