News   Aug 14, 2024
 269     0 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 634     1 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 2.4K     3 

Toronto Street Food

Kalkalash!

Washed down with the great taste of Mountain Dew or Crab juice.

Hey, better than Mountain Dew...
celray.jpg

We really need street knishes. Though I suppose street rotis might pass...

It would be nice to encounter a bubble and squeak street vendor now and then. Easy to cook, and available in many varieties. Just add tomato sauce.

I don't think I'd want to see a standard mobile vending cart design. Sure, there should be some basic safety rules for all of them, but vendors should be allowed to advertise and present their product in a unique way.

i agree. it's not a permanent structure. the most important thing is health & safety. that's all that matters.

I can't wait. I'm so excited to buy souvlaki on the run instead of a sausage on a bun! How boring! :)

I agree with FM about the appearance of these stands. There should be a level of quality not currently seen in Toronto.

^Don't you think uniform food service carts would look boring?

I'd rather see something unique for all the different vendors.

^Won't happen....

The carts are in the business of selling food, not in building their own cart. There will likely be maybe one, or at most a couple of different providers of carts, and the designs will be driven on a generic design.

The carts are in the business of selling food, not in building their own cart. There will likely be maybe one, or at most a couple of different providers of carts, and the designs will be driven on a generic design.

The carts are a big part of selling the food.

I don't mind a standard cart design, but it would have to be modular enough to allow a vendor to advertise their product in a variety of different ways.

Standard designs everywhere would be boring.

I'm all for it as long as they are CLEAN and SANITIZED!!!

A customer can't decide what to get...

Hot Dog Vendor: Sir, sausage?
Souvlaki Vendor: Come on, you want some real "meat".
Pretzel Vendor: Or something "curvy"?
Samosa Vendor: You look like you need something to "spice" you up.
Crepe Vendor: Who can do better than the French ;)

Back