Toronto Strada | 31.39m | 7s | RioCan Living | Turner Fleischer

Ok, and with that, let's collectively agree to never shoot this building again, ok?
Cough, ahem, cough, COUGH! Uhhhh... would someone please stroll past again, and if the fences are down from along the College Street side of the building, please shoot this a final time so that we have something for the year end vote that shows the building in the (clearing throat again) Best. Possible. Light.

Cough. Thank you. You have until Monday to get your award-winning submissions in!

After getting my booster yesterday evening at the UofT, I did what any hero would do, and strode westerly along College Street until I confronted this building, all fences down, and I can confidently say Strada has never looked better.

IMG_9974.jpg
IMG_9975.jpg

No, it doesn’t, even! The bricks are bizarrely large.

Probably looked good in Revit.

The amount of 'mortar' visible between the bricks gives them a sort of wallpaper look........in a most unflattering way.

It reminds me of insulbrick.

Between that and the terrible looking seams..............

Sigh.

I used the term decent loosely. As in compared with the other 2/3.
If I looked at this as a stopped watch, then the placement of the brick cladding appears to flow with the rest of streetscape both right and left to the building seems to work for me. But any and every other point on the said watch seems wholly wrong, IMO.

/🤮

If I looked at this as a stopped watch, then the placement of the brick cladding appears to flow with the rest of streetscape both right and left to the building seems to work for me. But any and every other point on the said watch seems wholly wrong, IMO.
And I was being pointlessly generous. My apologies for that. >.<

Back