Toronto Stanley Condominiums | 138.37m | 41s | Tribute | Core Architects

I know companies are considered persons for certain legal purposes but I had no idea that they also have sexual orientations.

I guess anything that does not specifically caters to the gay population is considered straight. I am typing on my straight computer right now for example.
joke aside, gentrification of Church street is inevitable. It is too centrally located, and with our pathetic subway system, people want to live 5 minutes to a downtown station. Yonge is increasingly becoming Bay and Church will follow. Next is Mutual/Jarvis I suppose because there is so much developable land.

I am not happy that Toronto loses a gay bar (I don't know whether it is good or not), but these places would figure out a way to survive, either by being exceedingly successful, or in a different location. You can't expect a 2 story old house to remain an uninspiring bar 5 minutes to a downtown subway station forever, and you can't reasonable expect the regulation to protect it.

I hope so.
Construction is supposed to begin this summer.
It gonna be a great project with a good architecture.
What make this tower awesome is the curvy balcony and the harmony in the shape of the tower.
:)

September 17, 2016 - Presentation office has been moved

IMG_3559.jpg

Meh, it's buying in the city. Unless you are facing the street, I don't think anything is safe, and even then, there's nothing to say that there'll be a building across to block your view at some point.

It's hard to believe that anyone is so naive as to think that city construction is going to halt once their building goes up. Do people not look to see what's surrounding the lot and make an educated guess as to what views will stay and which ones are on borrowed time?

Yeah, anyone who bought on the north side and imagined they'd be looking out over a parking lot forever, well, probably shouldn't be unsupervised when handling the amounts of money it takes to buy those units.

Yeah it's say because developer charge 1000 per floor. When the purchaser and if they wish to sell the new buyer gonna be like 550,000 for this? With no view :(

Welcome to the world of city living. I would recommend next time moving next to the lake or a park if views are important. If it makes you feel better, when condos are valued (at least for assessment/taxation purposes) traditionally we haven't seen the view variable as being a major contributing factor sale prices, so from a resale point of view you should be fine if you decide to sell in the future, for whatever that's worth.

Welcome to the world of city living. I would recommend next time moving next to the lake or a park if views are important. If it makes you feel better, when condos are valued (at least for assessment/taxation purposes) traditionally we haven't seen the view variable as being a major contributing factor sale prices, so from a resale point of view you should be fine if you decide to sell in the future, for whatever that's worth.

lakes erode. parks have bears. no place is safe :rolleyes:

Back