Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Trump is going up to 59 floors. Will that impact the hieght?

Well I am hoping it will! Also I do kind of understand were there coming from because this is a TALL tower on a very small piece of land. But at least this project is a go!

I wonder if you bought a unit on the 70th floor you could get your money back, or at least a discount now that you'll only be on the 57th floor? I mean, if you are paying that kind of money for a unit, I'd think there'd be some loss of prestige now that the place has had 13 floors "loped" off.

I guess they had difficulty selling the larger units, so they've changed the floor designs to add more smaller units... which at 70 floors would have required more elevators.

I would think a lot of people would drop out when the height was reduced. Its a completely different building with 13 less floors...I wonder how all that would be settled if you are in a contract already....

I think a few of you are over-estimating the value of height in this case. The reasons for putting down that kind of money don't come down to being on the 62nd floor vs to 51st floor. Location, unit details size, hotel amenities the list goes on. The so called "prestige" in this particular luxry product is in the product and building itself not the number of the elevator (and if it is the 53rd floo vs the 62nd floor or whatever is still very high up).

If you were to talk to most condo purchasers, while the height and view is nice - it is way down the list in terms of priorities. Also in most buildings the bottom units sell much quicker then the top units. Essentially if a builder offers floorplan "A" on floors 5-35 - the units usually sell from the bottom up vs the top down.

Technical difficulties?? Totally BS. Lots of buildings are going up and I never hear any of that issue before. Let's admit it, Trump is just a name well known in US, not anywhere else.

Trump International Hotel & Tower

Technical difficulties??

I would say that technical difficulties were (and still are)
insanely high prices of this property in comparison to other
such a luxurious condo offers in downtown Toronto :rolleyes:

Exactly. The only technical difficulties were their inability to sell units. Believe me, if they sold all the proposed units, they would have found technical solutions to the technical difficulties.

The debate about the quality or lack thereof of Trumps brand is an ongoing one, especially on this board, but I didn't see this project doing well from the get-go, not to mention that it was launched in 2001 under a cloud of contraversy- ever since it has had nothing but set-backs, and not the kind which you in order to allow sunlight into the streets.

Also, I find Scotiabanks position rather odd- too many cars blocking their entrance as well as parking objections..Correct me if I am wrong but they have two entrances and both sides have cars, taxis, trucks in front of them all day long, talk about hypocracy..

p5

The debate about the quality or lack thereof of Trumps brand is an ongoing one, especially on this board, but I didn't see this project doing well from the get-go, not to mention that it was launched in 2001 under a cloud of contraversy- ever since it has had nothing but set-backs, and not the kind which you in order to allow sunlight into the streets.

Also, I find Scotiabanks position rather odd- too many cars blocking their entrance as well as parking objections..Correct me if I am wrong but they have two entrances and both sides have cars, taxis, trucks in front of them all day long, talk about hypocracy..

p5

As I've mentioned many times on this board on others, Trump International Hotel & Tower, Toronto was announced in March 2004 and sales began in September 2004. NOT 2001.

The development mentioned from 2001 on the previous site was a Ritz-Carlton with a different development team. While similar to the last design of the former project, the building was re-designed inside and out, the level of quality raised, and rebranded Trump International.

Quality? For those who have not been to a Trump International building, they are of the highest quality in design, construction and service. Trump International Hotel & Tower, New York has frequently been awarded five-star status and is home to the five-star restaurant Jean Georges. World-wide, Trump International is well-recognized and respected. Locally however in Canada, it is a relative unknown.

Desite that hurdle, in 2 1/2 years we have sold over $275-million at prices hovering around $1,000-a sq. ft. With purchasers coming from over 20 different countries throughout the world, Trump Toronto is truly an international success story. So why is there so much negativity about the development in the city? Why do such negative rumours continue to swirl?

Approximately 70% of the bulding is sold. Talon International owns the land. The project is financed. City permits have been applied for and approved. And the building is set to begin construction this fall. I'd call that a success anywhere.

Actually, the exterior design has changed very little from when it was called the Ritz and Trump launched it at a press conference in 2001. The assumption is that it'll be relaunched soon as a Mini Me version of the same design. The - admittedly somewhat faint - hope is that this tired old design will be ditched and we'll see something contemporary and interesting rather than a retread.

Back