Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

the outside of the building is atrocious.

Your opinion is not a fact; the outside of the building is far from atrocious, IMO. Besides a few minor issues, I still think this is a very good looking building, and a great addition to the city.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to get to see the interior.

Most people can easily afford lunch at Stock once in a while. The interiors are incredible, as are the views.

2ymeet0.png

dhejv9.png

2zgynaa.png

Last edited:
Interior detail will be noticed by everyone. Exterior detail will only be noticed by people like us.
Wow, that's a lot of generalizing. Everyone who stays there will notice the interior. The exterior is not just noticed by people like us, it's noticed by anyone who sees a photo of downtown Toronto or visits.
Most people can easily afford lunch at Stock once in a while.
More generalizing. And not true at all.

lol I was curious so I looked up the "Stock" menu. 7$ for a glass of orange juice. define "a while", is that a century, or a millenium? I think average people avoid these places because they don't feel welcome. The servers probably size you up the second you enter, decide whether to expect a big tip, and then based on that judgement, decide whether or not to spit in your 7$ orange juice.

He earns money from the Hotel. he owns the hotel brand, though some russian billionare owns the actual building and leases it out to the hotel.

Its the same with the Four Seasons, Owned by Menkes and leased out to Four Seasons on a long term lease.

Your opinion is not a fact; the outside of the building is far from atrocious, IMO. Besides a few minor issues, I still think this is a very good looking building, and a great addition to the city.

Most people can easily afford lunch at Stock once in a while. The interiors are incredible, as are the views.

I never said my opinion is a fact.

Interior detail will be noticed by everyone. Exterior detail will only be noticed by people like us.

Other way around. Interior detail is only see by those who step foot in the hotel; which doesn't include 99% of the population. The exterior will be seen by anyone with a view of the tower.

I have no doubt the views are amazing, but boy does that restaurant terrace ever look cramped and precarious. Doesn't seem like a very nice space they've created there.

I never understood the "tacked-on" balconies on the south elevation anyway. They look like an afterthought, and I can't imagine they are particularly pleasant spaces, in addition to being poorly integrated into the rest of the building.

Last edited:
Other way around. Interior detail is only see by those who step foot in the hotel; which doesn't include 99% of the population. The exterior will be seen by anyone with a view of the tower.

You're right.

I wouldn't call the exterior interesting, but at least it's not memorably horrific. The best we can hope sans a good impression is no impression at all.

I, for one, didn't know which tower was Trump until I looked it up. It's not quite as in-your-face as the one in Chicago.

I have no doubt the views are amazing, but boy does that restaurant terrace ever look cramped and precarious. Doesn't seem like a very nice space they've created there.

I never understood the "tacked-on" balconies on the south elevation anyway. They look like an afterthought, and I can't imagine they are particularly pleasant spaces, in addition to being poorly integrated into the rest of the building.

The balconies have never been an afterthought. They were included in the original designs going back to 2003. No, they are not particularly deep, but do run most of the South side of the building. The views are quite spectacular.

Terrace at STOCK Night-100dpi.jpg

Attachments

• Terrace at STOCK Night-100dpi.jpg
    Terrace at STOCK Night-100dpi.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 561

Back