Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I enjoyed this article. I find Trump Tower in New York to be very vulgar, above all at street level where it screams out in faux-gold-plated luxury-wannabee.

Yet it does carry out its vulgarity with a certain finesse--and it's fortunate, perhaps, that it's just a faceted curtain wall tower, not too horrible in and of itself...

Yet it does carry out its vulgarity with a certain finesse--and it's fortunate, perhaps, that it's just a faceted curtain wall tower, not too horrible in and of itself...

It's very 80's Dynasty, complete only with a Lincoln Town Car from that era.

It's true that the tower, overall, does not scream vulgarity. But when I was last in New York I was walking down a street and was hit with it at street level and thought, "woah, what is all of this about?", and looked up to see the "Trump" moniker. At street level it's loud.

Yes, though, it could be worse.

Perhaps it's fortunate it was built when it was, i.e. when glass curtain wall "Late Modern" was the fashion du jour.

Much more appropriately in the Trump spirit was his buy-out of the GM Building at Grand Army Plaza--now, *there's* a building that merits Trump signage.

Saw no one on the site today, actually very little activity at many different construction sites. Maybe everyone had a day off because of the cold?

With the frigid temperatures this week, there won't be much activity on any construction sites in the city that aren't closed off from the outside elements yet.

DJT_472x123.jpg

Pre-construction Pricing Ends Soon!

Dear Andrew, (a.k.a) WHISTLER

Thank you for your interest in Trump International Hotel & Tower, Toronto. If you have not yet purchased a suite, I encourage you to do so soon. With over $200-million now sold at Trump Toronto, the window of opportunity for you to buy at pre-construction pricing will soon be closing.

Construction plans for Canada's first historic Trump property will soon be announced. Now is the time to act.

Due to growing demand, we have just implemented the first of many price increases. Prices will continue to rise steadily over the next few months. And once construction begins, prices will skyrocket. Don't miss this opportunity to maximize your investment potential.

Contact your Trump Toronto sales executive soon to lock in a great suite at a great pre-construction price. Because, as I've said before: 'there’s nothing like a great piece of real estate and getting simultaneously, a great deal.'

With $200-million now sold, this is your final opportunity to purchase at pre-construction pricing!

The Residences start at 1,299-sq. ft. and are currently priced from the $900,000's. Hotel condominiums from the $700,000's (CAD).

Similar Trump International properties have historically had substantial equity growth—setting the pace of local price appreciation and often exceeding other investment vehicles.

Pre-construction buyers at my Trump International Hotel & Tower, Chicago (now under construction) saw their initial purchase values rise over 90% in just 12 months. Currently, prices at Trump Chicago have appreciated to over $1,250-a sq. ft.

It is interesting looking back at this letter from summer 2006. Residence pricing was around $692 per square foot. They are now selling them for $1500 per square foot. I am not sure how many buyers out there are paying this rate but that is what they are listed at.

It is interesting looking back at this letter from summer 2006. Residence pricing was around $692 per square foot. They are now selling them for $1500 per square foot. I am not sure how many buyers out there are paying this rate but that is what they are listed at.

Still cheap in comparison to other Trump worldwide projects.

Still cheap in comparison to other Trump worldwide projects.

TRUMP SOHO went for $3,000 U.S. dollars per sq. foot and so did Trump Waikiki. So yes, I guess it is cheap in comparison. The Toronto real estate market doesn't appear to have gotten over inflated like the United States. That is one of the key things that attracted me to this project.

That is one of the key things that attracted me to this project.

Yeah, surely you weren't attracted by marketing like this:

DJT_472x123.jpg

What a joke! I would probably take a Gordon Ramsay luxury hotel more seriously.

Celebrity Chef Condos From The 700's.

Great- liked it a lot- perfectly done too! I wish I had a spot where I could place a camera for a the duration of a couple of years and not worry about it...Even cooler if you could get a bit of panorama for a couple of years- say 5 years..Wow!
Thanks...

p5

The View from Trump Toronto

Just an FYI... a few of you may be interested in...

A couple of months back we had a few aerial shots taken on the site to show an approximation of the views from the tower.

Here's the view looking NE / E from the 54th floor:

http://www.trumptoronto.ca/media/plans/residences/views/L54_214m/TRUMPTO_L54_NE_E_760h.jpg

I always thought the best views would be from the NE corner of the building... and this confirms it!

Back