Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Miss you already ;)

The Adelaide Hotel is still the Trump to me… until that sign comes down.

I badly want them to take the T off first, and I want to know when they're doing it. I think a viewing party with cameras outfitted with telephoto lenses will be in order. I'll bring the taco salads, the spray tan, and the best chocolate cake you've ever seen.

Apologies to the artist but I really hope they redesign the entrance and take down that god aweful mural of a crowd greeting guests. The mural sucks, the yellow lighting sucks, the floor and wall tiles suck.

blog_mosaic_andrews_trump_hotel.jpg

St. Regis can easily remodel it into a more stylish and prestigious porte conchère.

114-St-Regis-Luxury-Hotel-Bangkok-Thailand-Entrance.jpg

It’s been confirmed to me by a friend in the club business that America (the restaurant) will be closing down.

Along with the news that rooms are going to be remodeled, this isn’t just a straight up takeover. St. Regis is going to put some money into making it their own. I wonder if anything will be done to the exterior, apart from replacing the logo. That half onion has so much more potential than its previous owners were able to harness.

It’s been confirmed to me by a friend in the club business that America (the restaurant) will be closing down.

Along with the news that rooms are going to be remodeled, this isn’t just a straight up takeover. St. Regis is going to put some money into making it their own. I wonder if anything will be done to the exterior, apart from replacing the logo. That half onion has so much more potential than its previous owners were able to harness.

The news reports keep mentioning that St. Regis will take over after the "initial" renovations are complete, so there may be long-terms plans for some much needed exterior improvements.

I am glad to see the back end of America. I always thought it was a cheesy restaurant concept. The food was great, but everything else about it was a misfire by O&B. I think they were out to match the gaudiness of the Trump brand.

Back