Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Seriously, what is going on with this building? And why does trumptoronto never answer any questions about it, but answers other questions? UrbanToronto needs to get the scoop on this!

walked by TT today... what a mess... the service ramp ceiling is still looking disasterous after a truck smashed it up and the awnings are filthy. The granite on the south side of the tower is begining to get stained with rust. And to think this was one of the most promising developments going up a few yrs ago...

They are definitely broke. I just pray that some day (eventually) things will get sorted out (especially the "P").

Imagine being a big money cat & living here with it remaining incomplete and maintenance falling into disrepair like this? I'd not be happy at all. Compare this to the Ritz, Four Seasons or Shangri-la, it can't feel good to live or have invested here.

Seriously, what is going on with this building? And why does trumptoronto never answer any questions about it, but answers other questions? UrbanToronto needs to get the scoop on this!

We just get crickets when the difficult questions are asked.

walked by TT today... what a mess... the service ramp ceiling is still looking disasterous after a truck smashed it up and the awnings are filthy. The granite on the south side of the tower is begining to get stained with rust. And to think this was one of the most promising developments going up a few yrs ago...

They are definitely broke. I just pray that some day (eventually) things will get sorted out (especially the "P").

Did you also notice above the service ramp, the metal sign that says "Service Ramp" is also dented. I also can't help but notice how dirty and dusty the exterior looks, like the building needs a major power wash or something.

I agree, khristopher. My gut feel is that there is trouble there, and no one wants to publicize it.

The street level part of this development is just a mess.

I noticed a lot of the temporary glass 'installation clips' are still attached to a lot of the glass work on the first 3 or 4 floors, on both sides of the building at the Bay/Adelaide corner, it looks totally unfinished

There's also a panel missing some floors up on the south side. Even the completed components are pathetic. Posted this awhile ago. This is the disgrace where it meets the ground at the base of the Art Installation.

toronto2012070400038.jpg

I heard that the management of the building (talon) was fired. Apparently thy're cleaning up the place. Oh, and the 20k/ night presidential suite is no more. they turned it into storage space.

Talon, developer and majority owner of the building fired themselves?

The presidential suite does still have a page on their website but it doesn't show up under booking so you may be right there. Why wouldn't they just split it up into smaller units? Too expensive of a retrofit?

So much for the glass onion done. Instead it's mostly covered and roofed with grey metal. Awful.

That and the crow's-nest, the uneven floor heights, the hideous outdoor "balconies" on the south elevation, the shoddy craftsmanship of various details, and the mechanicals on the roof, all add up to make this an absolute dog in my opinion. Yuck.

Wait, shouldn't this thread be changed to reflect the name change to "TRUM" Tower? ;)

I haven't seen it, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere way back that TRUMP is on the south side, and illuminated at night. So it's a half-assed job, like the rest of it.

I haven't seen it, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere way back that TRUMP is on the south side, and illuminated at night. So it's a half-assed job, like the rest of it.

Trump on the south has been lit up at night a few times and I think I have a shot of it.

Don't know where the P when for the north side, but it was around some months ago.

The glass work needs replacing in many places as it is either missing, broken or the wrong colour.

There is sooooo many things wrong a year later that it sounds like they ran out of money for it.

They been at it for close to 7 year and on track for 10 Dundas E mess.
8643659438_d4e25edc7c_b.jpg

Its funny ... as much as we all hate Trump (yes I said all) ... its a very highly rated hotel getting superb reviews (both professional and not) !

Back