Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Everyone can spew their vitriol and disdain for Trump's exterior all they like, but its interiors are head and shoulders above anything else newly-built in Toronto. The level of finishes is superlative. The rooms have actual walls with large windows...Imagine that! Walls, rather than Heatstroke-inducing floor to ceiling windows. OH... You say that limits the view? Then you have never lived in one, when you end up having most of the blinds closed 90 percent of the time anyway... There goes your view. (And those stupid roller blinds don't actually darken the room that much.) Furthermore, actual walls allow me to hang some of my Monets, Renoirs and Cézannes.

Really liking the "Trump Interior" tour UT has done recently. Great work guys!

word. the interiors are truly next-level. i mean, me personally, i think floor to ceiling, wrap around, edge to edge windows are pretty cool (like the Ritz, each floor is basically a glass box), but ya they do come with issues (like you mentioned, heat being one of them)

but isn't it false advertising? cause i remember with the promotional vids of Trump, them saying "floor to ceiling windows"/ the tallest ceilings/the biggest windows, or something along those lines.

I don't think any of Trump's windows are floor to ceiling neither are they wrap around/large windows by any means :confused:

Here are a couple of bonus shots from the August 8th Trump tour that weren't featured in the front page story:

fZIqs.jpg

moCsH.jpg

Pnpo4.jpg

2DbU7.jpg

Question for SomeMidtowner:

Could you describe how much of the view is taken away by Bay/Adelaide, basically what i'm saying is, does having BA in the way mean a huge deal for the view/residences? is it too distracting/big in the whole picture?

If you sit in a north facing room far enough back from a window and looking out, yes, you will only see Bay Adelaide. If you come up to the window though for a view, and look left or right, you'll see one way or the other down Adelaide, and it's a pretty long view. So, it won't be the average person's first choice for what they'd like to see out the window, but make a small effort and there's real drama here. That's my take.

It is a bit distracting, but that same unit had such an amazing west view that BAC wouldn't really bother the tenant. When looking out the north window, your eyes are drawn to the west a bit, towards city hall and the sheraton. The views are so unique that it would be a rare occasion to find yourself looking into somebody's office. It is really close though. Could almost touch it

Yeah, if it was way bigger and taller, had an exciting, 'out-there', 'over-the-top' design, used way better materials, wasn’t recycling the corniest of late 80’s PoMo architecture moves, didn’t have an jarringly ugly exterior palette of teal, black, beige and grey, and wasn’t just a box with a uncomfortably elongated fat probe thing sticking off the top of it, then it would be just like Dubai.

+1. But there's no need to say "probe" as a euphemism when we all know you mean "penis".

And I love this whole debate: is Trump tacky enough for Dubai or not QUITE that tacky? Tough call, I must admit.

Here are a couple of bonus shots from the August 8th Trump tour that weren't featured in the front page story:

2DbU7.jpg

That's a brilliant floorplan, wowser! I'm really thrown off though, why is that unit facing BAC (north) and west, it should be facing south & west (east too).

That's a brilliant floorplan, wowser! I'm really thrown off though, why is that unit facing BAC (north) and west, it should be facing south & west (east too).

they prob went into both units on that floor, but ya, the floor plan shows that unit with south, west, and east views.

i also had no idea that the west side of the upper portion is ever so slightly curved :cool:

Everyone can spew their vitriol and disdain for Trump's exterior all they like, but its interiors are head and shoulders above anything else newly-built in Toronto. The level of finishes is superlative. The rooms have actual walls with large windows...Imagine that! Walls, rather than Heatstroke-inducing floor to ceiling windows. OH... You say that limits the view? Then you have never lived in one, when you end up having most of the blinds closed 90 percent of the time anyway... There goes your view. (And those stupid roller blinds don't actually darken the room that much.) Furthermore, actual walls allow me to hang some of my Monets, Renoirs and Cézannes.

Really liking the "Trump Interior" tour UT has done recently. Great work guys!

Those deco chic interiors are aging by the second. In five years they will look as bad as the condos built 25 years ago. No thanks.

Those deco chic interiors are aging by the second. In five years they will look as bad as the condos built 25 years ago. No thanks.

Though who knows whether "aging by the second" could wind up being a net plus. Sort of like how hypothetical UT types of 40 years ago might have described the Uno Prii aesthetic as "aging by the second".

Yeah, Trump ain't Prii. Nonetheless, never count out retro-Dallas/Dynasty chic (though last I've heard, there's been no surge in retro-chic for the now-30-year-old Trump Tower in NYC--then again, maybe there *is* among Millennials; but I haven't monitored enough)

Trump is the no 3 best rated hotel in Toronto on tripadvisor. In the beginning it wasn't doing that well, but now it's consistently rating very well.
Btw toronto seems to be quite busy on tripadvisor. Tourist numbers seem to be up.

Last edited:

Back