Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

are these photos from inside the building??? are they renders! i can't tell!!!!! but they do look fantastic.

Pictures from a mock-up suite we built about a year ago to test various design configurations. The actual hotel suites being construction look about the same--just now with great views of the city around it--the suites on the East side and the NW corner are stunning. Levels 11 and 12 are nearly complete interior-wise. I've been with the project a long time, and even I was amazed how nice the rooms are looking. With the views now a part of the picture, it's exciting to see it all come together.

trumpj29.jpg

about 6 more floors till it'll be Bay Adelaide high! can't wait.
and nice shot android, the colours are great! so much variation, blue --> green ---> red! it's great.

What this building lacks on the outside it more than makes up for on the inside.. too bad the majority of people will see the former, not the latter..
I think it would have looked much better had they used a darker granite.. but that's just me.
I really want to see it when completed, I assume it'll be cleaned up a bit, and will look better than it does now.

Last edited:
Will this building have any public spaces that can be used by non- guests and residents? I'm thinking something along the lines of the Royal York, where one can walk through and shop etc as part of PATH network.

The cladding is coming together nicely, but I agree darker or richer tones for the granite might have been a better choice. From a distance it appears kind of 'Uptown-ish'.

Videos from this morning:

[video=youtube;SX5FzTY0Tmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX5FzTY0Tmg[/video]

In this video below, i noticed flashing lights on a few levels of trump's west facing side. it's hard to see in the video, but at the very beginning of the video, in the first frame you can see the lights as well as throughout the video. it was weird. especially since it was synchronized on these levels. any idea what it was? -and NO, i was not on any drugs.

[video=youtube;q6e-EiftyW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6e-EiftyW4[/video]

Last edited:
Videos from this morning:

In this video below, i noticed flashing lights on a few levels of trump's west facing side. it's hard to see in the video, but at the very beginning of the video, in the first frame you can see the lights as well as throughout the video. it was weird. especially since it was synchronized on these levels. any idea what it was? -and NO, i was not on any drugs.

It was tough to see them at first but I finally did. Here is my wild guess as to what those flashing lights are...

In the hotel suites there are smoke detectors and fire alarms. For the benefit of hearing impaired guests, these alarms have a strobe light component and these flashes are the testing of that alarm system.

It was tough to see them at first but I finally did. Here is my wild guess as to what those flashing lights are...

In the hotel suites there are smoke detectors and fire alarms. For the benefit of hearing impaired guests, these alarms have a strobe light component and these flashes are the testing of that alarm system.

at first i thought it was some sort of lighting effect cause they were flashing on all the levels, but it was coming from the inside which was weird.

Could it be the elevator shaft or something? Excellent shots by the way. The Trump looks quite nice with the sun shining off it. Really brightens up the facade.

Any idea if the granite will darken with age?

Regardless, colour notwithstanding this is just about the nicest cladding we've seen on new construction in Toronto in a long time!

Back