Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Maybe when the building is ready to open, Ivanka will clean the windows herself, as some kind of publicity

thx for the effort of making and posting all these vids and pics! Bay and Adelaide sure is a loud intersection...

Thanks again :)

Bay and Adelaide is a jam packed area! With the construction going on (there were horrible screeching noises going on at trump... i think it has stuff to do with the cladding... it sounded like someone was scratching a chalkboard or somethin..)

Also, Arnell Plaza is really windy/cold whenever i go there... I think cause its so open that wind just blows through the whole area... It's gonna be really nice when/if BA2 and BA3 are built... It will add alot more density to the area and more life as well. Right now, whenever i head down to the plaza/temperence street. Its so dead.

Maybe when the building is ready to open, Ivanka will clean the windows herself, as some kind of publicity

That would be fun!... She should probably wear a bikini while she's at it! ;) niceeeeeeeeee

*And thanks for the info guys! I had no idea construction was that fast (one floor a week)... Now i'm ready to see this think go skywards fast! we've been stuck (near) ground level for a while now, it'll be sweet when this thing doubles in height!

20 floors down, 40 to go!!! :D

Last edited:
Yes, they are on Floor 20. They are working shifts totaling 20 hours each day and completing a floor every 6 days.

Let's say, they have 40 floors to go and they will continue at this rate... Then, in 240 days, on October 1, it will be topping out! :)

Let's say, they have 40 floors to go and they will continue at this rate... Then, in 240 days, on October 1, it will be topping out! :)

Don't forget the roof, mechanical, and spire... its gonna take a little longer to complete those.... For complete "spire" top off, i would say February 2011... 1 year from now... :)

philofra, I wish I could. My computer and my camera don't seem to want to talk to each other anymore. I think my firm did a system security upgrade that locks out many external third party devices. I'll see if I can't overcome this in the near future.

That would be fun!... She should probably wear a bikini while she's at it! ;) niceeeeeeeeee

Bikini shmakini.....Frankly I'd be so happy to see it done I wouldnt care if she wore nothing at all!

4333401777_7ea1834f48.jpg

Last edited:
Niceeeeee ^^^^ :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p;)

New Article from Trump Toronto's construction website posted on February 4th:

img_0314.jpg

Construction on Trump Tower Continues Gaining Speed and Height

Work beginning on 18th floor of tower
Crews now installing the first components of the tower’s curtain wall

Talon International Development Inc. is thrilled with the construction status of the $500-million Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto®. Crews continue to pour a new floor every six days, and are also beginning to install windows on the floors which are already completed in the tower located at 325 Bay Street.
The foundation, parking garage and maintenance floors of the hotel are complete. Construction crews are now working on the 18th floor in conjunction with the installation of the two-toned green glass and granite curtain wall. With the development of the hotel well under way, passers-by are seeing distinct changes to the look of the Trump Tower on the corner of Bay and Adelaide.
“Recent developments to the Tower are very exciting for us since the structure is beginning to take the shape of the building we envisioned eight years ago,†says Alex Shnaider, Chairman of Talon International Development Inc., the building’s developer. “The shell of the building is now being enveloped in what will be the extraordinary façade of Trump Toronto.â€
Construction is moving quickly with a new floor being poured approximately each week. In addition, construction crews are now divided into two shifts so that work on the Tower is carried out without interruption from 4:00am to 11:00pm every day. This minimizes disruption to surrounding streets and keeps construction on schedule.
“We look forward to seeing the curtain wall in place and the hotel phase nearing completion. At that point, we will focus on the construction of the Sky Lobby and residences,†says Val Levitan, President and CEO of Talon. “Construction will continue steadily through the winter and we remain on schedule.â€
Crews will be focused on completing the hotel floors and installing the windows and curtain wall over the next few months.

http://construction.trumptoronto.ca/2010/02/construction-update-–-february-2010/

I was cutting this mat and it reminded my of the Trump Tower

Attachments

• DSCN4276.jpg
    DSCN4276.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 219

Back