Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Oh, yes...

Everything comes from china... stop complaining.

Since everything comes from China, why raise concerns? Why talk about the loss of decent paying jobs here?

Why talk about the crap quality of the products in return? Why talk about the horrible enviromental standards where the products are now manufactured? Why talk about what happens to the all those people whose jobs were outsourced and their income gets butchered and their standard of living goes into the toilet?

People really need to get pissed off about how their jobs are being outsourced and nothing replaces it with any close to the income you had before. The pions are getting shafted these days and we're not suppose to complain about this?

I have absolutely no doubt now that a war has been declared on the middleclass and that someone wants it gone. It's happening before our eyes.

Last edited:
I don't know much about any of the other industries that have been outsourced to China, but I do know that their curtainwall manufacturing sector is second to none. They have factories there that outpace anything we have domestically (in terms of production as well as technology). That isn't cheap crap that's being imported. To be completely honest, some of the cheap crap coming out of our local factories wouldn't be tolerated in China.

Now, as for their drywall, paint, food, toys, and cars, that might all be garbage, but that has as much to do with the people in the rest of the world that have created a market for undervalued goods. The way a lot of Chinese manufacturing works is that you approach the factory, tell them what you want, and tell them how much you want to pay for it. They'll figure out a way to come in on budget, and if the quality suffers it's because the buyer has demanded too low a price

People really need to get pissed off about how their jobs are being outsourced and nothing replaces it with any close to the income you had before. The pions are getting shafted these days and we're not suppose to complain about this?

... this is dogma, our standard of living is fine, let China make the crap that people buy and we can work the better jobs. It is like the jobs here that immigrants take because we don't want them, but on a macro scale.

The building carries an American's name, the money behind it is Russian, why can't the windows be from China?

. . . and the lead bank financing it is Austrian. Come on, people, read some economics text books and stop writing comments that read like those made by protectionist trade-unionists or starry-eyed idealistic university students. Global trade increases wealth and prosperity and raises living standards for all involved.

They may have the new jobs but do you want to live there?

From www.guardian.co.uk/news/gallery/2007/jul/18/c...

Benxi: Pollution from steel mills blows over residential buildings
Gilles Sabrie/Corbis

GD3153294@Benxi-steel-mills-blo-3862.jpg

Wuhan, Hebei province: A man collects dead fish in Donghu lake, where officials say an estimated 30,000kg of fish have been killed by a combination of pollution and hot weather
Wuhan/AP

GD3997075@A-man-collects-dead-f-7985.jpg

Yutian, Hebei province: Cyclists ride through a cloud of pollution produced by a nearby factory
Peter Parks/AFP/Getty Images

GD3180838@TO-GO-WITH-AFP-STORY--6131.jpg

to bring this back to Trump Tower ...

Where are we at now with the cladding + glass ??

Two from today with my new Crackberry

img00002201001051034.jpg

img00003201001051034.jpg

YES YES YES YES YES!!! :D

Cladding is moving upwards now!... This thing is so exciting to watch it all come together (at least to me)!

The edges are nice and sharp! everythings lookin good!

Thanks for the updates

* "Crackberry"... funny!... Obama had an addiction too!

Last edited:
Workers are pouring the floor for the west side of the next floor. Formwork is fully up for the east side and I expect pouring of that will take place in the next couple of business days. I don't know if we are on 18 or 19 now, as I may have missed a floor at the end of December. Anyway, we are getting close to being a third of the way up.

Back