Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

That "construction update" sounds more like a letter to reassure buyers, investors and curiosity seekers (read, us) rather than anything truly worthy of any celebration.

lol ... It wasn't just me that picked up on that ...

You're being too harsh though ... most of these "construction updates" have those elements to a certain degree. This one just seems to be taken to the next level :)

But honestly ... why blame them, people probably are worried and they are trying to assure them.

Cheers to you trump!

I have a floor stacking plan somewhere - but if memory serves me correctly the higher figure includes some of the multiple levels within the penthouse suite and the mechanical levels above.

update. steel has arrived on site.

DSC05032.jpg

DSC05034.jpg
Someone did this for bay adelaide so................. trump 1 year ago :D:D:D:D:D nothing.. lol

Last edited:
Nothing? They did all of the shoring, the excavation, dealt with the old foundations that were on the site, and are almost back up to grade. I noticed today that they started setting up some of the formwork for the ground floor slab.

I've been walking by this site the last week on a daily basis.

They're working faster then they ever have before by far! The whole project should be at street level by the end of the month I'd presume (some parts are already). Hopefully mid way January we can clear up any "capping at street level" rumors once and for all.

ps - if you want to know what that implies I suggest you have a walk around the MARS II site ... it's almost back to being a parking lot again :)

I didnt notice until these last couple of pics that Trump is using the roof of the Scotia Plaza parking entrance as a staging area for materials and equipment... wonder what sort of rent they're getting on that space? Also sort of surprising that Scotia would be so cooperative with this neighbouring project that is about to take a big chunk out of their sight lines.

Redroom:

I could be wrong, but I believe that those pinkish steel beams were erected by the Trump people themselves. It matches the rest of the support beams around the site supporting the portable offices, etc.

I've been walking by this site the last week on a daily basis.

They're working faster then they ever have before by far! The whole project should be at street level by the end of the month I'd presume (some parts are already). Hopefully mid way January we can clear up any "capping at street level" rumors once and for all.

Aren't the first few floors of this project parking?....if that is the case, it would make no sense to cap it at grade....but (to keep the rumours alive longer ;) ) cap it at the end of the parking....now that makes sense!

In full recognition of your sarcasm, to be totally serious, the fact that you made a comment like that demonstrates how stupid the other rumors are. They're not gonna cap anything here, this tower is goin up, like it or lump it.

I for one am quite happy that this building is going up. I'm sure that this has already been said many times -- but while the roof treatment might be slightly on the tacky side, I think that it will complement the many square-topped towers in the area nicely; and it is nothing like the two other "interesting" tops, namely, Brookfield Place and, in the near future, the RBC Centre. I'm really excited to see how this turns out.

Back