Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

All that cut and carefully fitted stone in the north courtyard has been ripped up.

Attachments

• IMG_2887.jpeg
    IMG_2887.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 9
Looks like they've been removed to get at something. And the way said bricks been stacked I presume they are intend to put back again at some point. And for what that's worth...

Looks like they've been removed to get at something. And the way said bricks been stacked I presume they are intend to put back again at some point. And for what that's worth...
They are "antique" granite blocks so are quite valuable - they would not dump them. Let's hope they put them back and the contractor is paying to do all this. I have asked my contacts - if I get a response, I will report.

Going through old drives and came across this one. Dated September 21st, 2016. I hear they’re just going to make the tent a permanent structure at this point. Bronze it maybe.

View attachment 603776
Actually the tent location is on the site of the new St Lawrence District Library - which may/ or may not have subsidised housing on top of it. That's another project which seems to be in a 'holding pattern' (partly because the Library is resistant to being underneath housing (security, leaks, smaller library area etc).

Back