Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Taken 8 April.

IMG_9907.jpeg

IMG_9908.jpeg
IMG_9910.jpeg
IMG_9911.jpeg
IMG_9912.jpeg
IMG_9913.jpeg
IMG_9914.jpeg
IMG_9915.jpeg
IMG_9916.jpeg
IMG_9917.jpeg
IMG_9918.jpeg
IMG_9919.jpeg

There were explainable delays BEFORE construction, but construction has taken far too long, even allowing for covid. The city's project management has not been good and an auditor general report might find systemic problems.
Fair enough! And for the record, I am not justifying it...just trying to explain it from what I know of it...or lack there of.

Does anyone know if there is there a rentable event space in this complex? Any link to the programming or floorplans would be helpful.

Does anyone know if there is there a rentable event space in this complex? Any link to the programming or floorplans would be helpful.
The main level WILL be rentable just as the old North Market was. The upper floors will presumably NOT be rentable as they are mainly for the courts. There is a restaurant on 1st floor but it has not yet, I think, been leased and there is a "Seniors' Centre area adjacent to it which has not yet been 'programed'.

Forgive me if it’s already been discussed, what is the idea here behind the building? Is there a plan to renovate St. Lawrence Hall and connect the offices? I may be wrong but I think the great hall is above on the third story so it would not be impacted by a hall here.
IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg

EDIT: already answered my own question:
The principal benefits that will result from the project's completion include:
  • A physical link to the second level of St. Lawrence Hall, which will allow the buildings to function as a single facility and provide access to the Toronto Parking Authority parking garage, thereby enhancing the leasing potential of St. Lawrence Hall for events and public gatherings.

Last edited:

Back