Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

It'll come sooner rather than later. It's a solid looking development in a gem of a location.
Location is certainly good and the design is OK (if too large for the site in my opinion) but they may have misjudged the demand for small Units - the Berczy and 88 Scott which have large units sold out very fast. This appears not to be doing so, after many years of trying.

Location is certainly good and the design is OK (if too large for the site in my opinion) but they may have misjudged the demand for small Units - the Berczy and 88 Scott which have large units sold out very fast. This appears not to be doing so, after many years of trying.
Yeah, I'll admit it's perhaps a touch large. But if they misjudged demand for smaller units, I'm surprised. Think about the closets that INDX sold. I think this is a good location for entry-level workers in the financial district, taking their first jobs and hence first (smaller...) mortgages.

Indx is actually in the middle of the financial district, this isn't. Changes the dynamic.

The St Lawrence area has historically shown demand preferences for larger units as well. It's why it's generally such an expensive area, the price per square foot is slightly more but the overall unit prices tend to be far more as they tend to be larger.

And yet the price of housing is going through the roof, supposedly due to unmatched demand.

If the units here aren't selling it would suggest that the prices are out of kilter with what the market can afford. Developers are getting outsized dollar signs in their eyes due to all the media hype about real estate bubble which could burst at any time. Nobody wants to blink first and lower the prices a smidge. Everything about the market seems to be warped, like space-time around a black hole.

Advertising signage has been removed.

IMG_5693.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5693.JPG
    IMG_5693.JPG
    450.7 KB · Views: 401

Back