Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

The permit is forthcoming.
This whole thing has dragged on for a very long time and sooner or later I suppose they WILL build. Let's hope your assertion is right and that they move on to building immediately after excavation. One must remember that it is the same developer (Cityzen) who is still building the L-Tower, after a decade!

This whole thing has dragged on for a very long time and sooner or later I suppose they WILL build. Let's hope your assertion is right and that they move on to building immediately after excavation. One must remember that it is the same developer (Cityzen) who is still building the L-Tower, after a decade!

@modernizt is a reliable resource on this issue.

so looking at various sites about timelines for building condos and timelines for this size building you are looking at least a three year lead from excavation. Now you add the fact that they haven't started and aren't setting themselves up as role models of efficiency.

so looking at various sites about timelines for building condos and timelines for this size building you are looking at least a three year lead from excavation. Now you add the fact that they haven't started and are responsible for the still unfinished L-Tower and its (supposedly about to be removed crane) they aren't setting themselves up as role models of efficiency.
Edited above!

The people still dealing with the L Tower crane are the same ones that managed to build the two Absolute World towers in Mississauga and win Skyscraper of the Year honours from more than one source…

so while yes, the L Tower crane is still not down and there's obviously an extraordinary circumstance in that regard, can we please drop the L Tower crane nugget? It's become a rubber stamp without fresh ink on it: you cannot try to apply it to getting-a-building-permit and have any ink stick.

I think @DSC was noting that the developers of 158 Front are the same as those of the L-Tower and their promises about 'things' at L-Tower (crane removal in particular) have been broken (repeatedly). The same pattern is developing at 158 Front where the project is on its 3rd launch and excavation has been repeatedly announced as 'forthcoming' but the surface parking lot remains. They may have won industry awards but they DO seem to have credibility problems. Pointing this out looks like fair comment to me! (For the record, I live very near 158 and would really like to get the damned thing built!)

I think @DSC was noting that the developers of 158 Front are the same as those of the L-Tower and their promises about 'things' at L-Tower (crane removal in particular) have been broken (repeatedly). The same pattern is developing at 158 Front where the project is on its 3rd launch and excavation has been repeatedly announced as 'forthcoming' but the surface parking lot remains. They may have won industry awards but they DO seem to have credibility problems. Pointing this out looks like fair comment to me! (For the record, I live very near 158 and would really like to get the damned thing built!)
I grasp exactly what's being noted here. It gets noted ad nauseam. It's become the UT version of Godwin's law, but instead of our online discussion descending into a comparison of someone or something with Hitler, we end up with a mention of the L Tower crane, no matter how irrelevant it is to the matter at hand. The L Tower crane not coming down yet has nothing whatsoever to do with excavation permits for the St. Lawrence Condos, so, the reference should be given a rest.

The parking lot is closed this morning.
Yes, they have removed the 'landscaping' they were forced to install by OMB (but then never looked after!) so they really may be going to start excavating. Their shoring permit came through about 2 weeks ago.

Application:
Building Additions/Alterations
Permit Issued
TORONTO ON M5A 1E5
Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#:
16 252254 BLD 00 BA
Issued Date:
Aug 4, 2017
Project:
Other
Work:
Shoring
Description:
Stand alone excavation and shoring for soil remediation purposes. New address - 158 Front St E.

Back