News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 958     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

Toronto St. Clair West Transit Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC

St Clair line has to be the worst planning ever by the city and ttc,it looks terrible,traffic is a nightmare during rush hour,imagine what will happen during winter or a simple car accident on that stretch of road.If I owned a business on that street I be suing the city for compensation for lost of business.......

Motorists, businessowners, residents of the Finch, Eglinton and Sheppard corridors; you've been warned.

Motorists, businessowners, residents of the Finch, Eglinton and Sheppard corridors; you've been warned.
Why? For one thing ducati0000 is wrong. Secondly, St. Clair was done for the most part by replacing a lane of traffic, with rail. The other corridors will be done by widening the road, and leaving the traffic lanes in place. With all the buses off the roadway, there will be an increase in capacity for other vehicles. Construction shouldn't be much more of an impact than when any other arterial was widened from 2 lanes to 3 lanes.

I think you are making a lot of fuss about nothing. But with your credentials as an anti-transit NIMBY, who wants to eliminate much of the TTC bus service, then this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Funny how members say business on St. Clair is suffering. A new Solar energy bussiness opened up. The Prop restaurant near the Rushton is quite busy. As for the traffic on St. Clair, much of the congestion seems to be from left-turning drivers at major intersections. The left turn at Avenue Rd. is particularly bad.

Funny how members say business on St. Clair is suffering.

I believe landlords have increased lease rates along St. Clair (the row was expected to boost property values). For businesses which were not locked into a long-term lease, they would have seen their expenses go up so business may be suffering. Gentrification is a bitch.

I remember when an SOS member blamed the ROW for the Coffee Time at Vaughan Rd shutting down... while not mentioning that the closure coincided with a Tim Hortons opening up next door.

St Clair line has to be the worst planning ever by the city and ttc,it looks terrible,traffic is a nightmare during rush hour,imagine what will happen during winter or a simple car accident on that stretch of road.If I owned a business on that street I be suing the city for compensation for lost of business.......

Strange. I zipped right along St. Clair during rush hour with no problem.

Oh, you meant for cars :p

Good because the breeze is needed to kill the nasty smells from the riders on the streetcars! ;)

512 St. Clair is still the only route with Time-Based Transfers. So the nasty smells could hop on and off, to enter the A/C inside the stores along the route.

What is a time based transfer?

A Time Based Transfer allows you to travel for up to two hours on the 512 St Clair route. You can board a 512 St Clair streetcar or bus at any stop, in any direction, until the expiry time shown.

How do I use a Time Based Transfer?

Keep and show your Time Based Transfer to the Operators each time your board. On routes other than 512 St Clair, the transfer is valid at the connecting route transfer points only, until the expiry time shown.

How long is a Time Based Transfer valid?
The Time Based Transfer is valid until the expiry time shown.

Where do I get a Time Based Transfer?
A Time Based Transfer is only available from a 512 St Clair Operator.

Don't know how long the Time-Based Transfers will last. It is still a pilot program for the 512 St. Clair only.

Strange. I zipped right along St. Clair during rush hour with no problem.

Oh, you meant for cars :p

You actually highlight one of the other issues of the new ROW. The lanes have a tight width. No allocation was made for bikes at all. This is exacerbated by the fact that the lanes are often not straight. There is even less room for a bicycle and a car to share than before. It's not a big problem outside of rush hour because you can bike next to the parked cars. It is however now much more unsafe during rush hour when the second lane is free of parked cars.

Funny how members say business on St. Clair is suffering. A new Solar energy bussiness opened up. The Prop restaurant near the Rushton is quite busy. As for the traffic on St. Clair, much of the congestion seems to be from left-turning drivers at major intersections. The left turn at Avenue Rd. is particularly bad.

Sure and other business have closed down over the last four years--especially as you go further west. It's very difficult to figure out which of the businesses opened or closed can be attributed to the ROW. The area around Christie was helped immensely by the work done to the Wychwood Barnes.

I find that the traffic backs up at the same places it always did-- Keele, Bathurst/Vaughan, and Avenue are the worst. Old Weston, Dufferin, Oakwood, Spadina, and Yonge are still bad. The lights are not synchronized to road or ped traffic which makes St Clair, as an east/west thoroughfare, much slower than it used to be. That said the biggest change was at Avenue when the condo construction gave the lane back.

I am interested when the city will study the traffic use and compare it to pre-ROW.

You actually highlight one of the other issues of the new ROW. The lanes have a tight width. No allocation was made for bikes at all.
Surely bikes can do exactly what they are supposed to do; and simply stay in the centre of a lane.

Actually, I have to agree with Mike on the bike issue. It IS tight riding down St. Clair, even though I find it easier to ride during peak hour; no parked cars to deal with. I have yet to have any serious conflicts with moving cars on St. Clair, I have heard more issues with parked cars and people opening doors. without looking.

Back