1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Toronto St. Clair West Transit Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC

"and the final 300 metres won't be completed until spring."

"and the final 300 metres won't be completed until spring."

300 metres....? From Lansdowne 300 metres will get you as far as Caledonia.

It's almost 2km from the Lansdowne loop to Gunns loop. All the hoo-ha over it being completed and there's still a long stretch that's not streetcar ready so can someone elaborate on what 300 metre stretch they're talking about?:confused:

The 300 metres they refer to is the Gunns Loop and track just east of Gunns Road. I live at Old Weston Road and the track work is done from Lansdowne to Gunns. It's just the loop track to be done, the shelters at Old Weston and at Keele, and the overhead wiring from Caledonia westward.

Somehow it wouldn't surprise me if even after the lessons learnt from St. Clair, they find a whole slew of new mistakes to be made on the new LRT lines.

Well that's a given, as other than Sheppard East, they seem to be leaning towards privately-financed design build, rather than the traditional process.

There will always be issues ...

Yes, there will always be issues. That should not, however, be an excuse to do nothing.

Yes, there will always be issues. That should not, however, be an excuse to do nothing.
Agreed - these post-mortems are a great idea; hopefully they will continue. Perhaps the Broadview station stairs would be worth a visit, between the endless construction delays, and now the design failure.

The eastbound lane east of Keele St will have to be rebuilt as it falling apart and this was done by a big contractor call Dufferin Construction.

I haven't check the work by the smaller contractor in detail, but nothing is jumping out at me at this time like Keele.

A few new poles are up for the Oakwood Loop, but that all except for the guide pins in the ground.

How many more months until they get this loop into service considering it was rebuilt in Sept 2009????

Welders were welding tracks on St. Clair West, west of Gunns. Workers (?) were inspecting access holes in the right-of-way and Toronto Hydro was working on electrical wiring on the railway underpass just east of Weston Road.

I am assuming that they don't believe Toronto will get a major snowstorm in the near future.

Welders were welding tracks on St. Clair West, west of Gunns. Workers (?) were inspecting access holes in the right-of-way and Toronto Hydro was working on electrical wiring on the railway underpass just east of Weston Road.

I am assuming that they don't believe Toronto will get a major snowstorm in the near future.

Well I won't complain, considering the really excessive length of time this has taken to date. It almost seems like an unrealistic dream, to think of this thing actualy being finished and being able to ride it from one end to the other.

I continue to hope that some lessons have been learned, that could be applied to the Transit City projects.

In terms of the stretch from Keele to Gunn's Loop, it looked like they were ready to pour concrete on the ROW with the tracks in place, or already did last fall. Now it's covered in asphalt, as if it's going to be ripped out and they're going to start over again.

Welcome to my neighbourhood. *sigh*

Yes, St. Clair just east of Keele is in deplorable shape, with actual gaps in the street near the gutter. The sewer grates aren't flush with the pavement, either. If this is what one relatively mild and dry winter does to a freshly built road, that's criminal.

Welcome to my neighbourhood. *sigh*

Yes, St. Clair just east of Keele is in deplorable shape, with actual gaps in the street near the gutter. The sewer grates aren't flush with the pavement, either. If this is what one relatively mild and dry winter does to a freshly built road, that's criminal.

It looks like there will be a final layer of pavement on that stretch which will make the road smooth and the sewer grates will then be flush with the pavement. Then again, the City has neglected St. Clair west of Keele in the past to the point where you can't couldn't drive the speed limit, and now we see the random bottleneck at the railway bridge between Old Weston Road and Keele, so nothing surprises me.

Back