Toronto SQ2 at Alexandra Park | 50.9m | 14s | Tridel | Teeple Architects

Very nice. Are these rental, condos, or affordable housing. Whichever they’re giving good presence.

What a nice clean, sharp looking building. Those trees will fill it all in nice In time and add some warmth.

This is Tridel?! I'm shocked. It actually has architectural integrity and it turned out great.

This may be Tridel's best project since The Republic of Yonge and Eglinton Condos.

This is Tridel?! I'm shocked. It actually has architectural integrity and it turned out great.

This may be Tridel's best project since The Republic of Yonge and Eglinton Condos.

Yes - this and Islington Terrace are hopefully a signal that they've finally turned a corner after many years of ridicule.

Impressively clean execution. Bravo! Too often you see slipshod lapses that really take a project down a peg or two. Not here, at least from what the above pics attest to.

^^^ For me, on the other hand, the pix above don't show an impressively clean execution. I do see some slipshod lapses and obvious fit and finish issues. But this is still, by far, Tridel's best project and one of Teeple's best too.

Last edited:
^^^ For me, on the other hand, the pix above don't show an impressively clean execution. I do see some slipshod lapses and obvious fit and finish issues. But this is still, by far, Tridel's best project and one of Teeple's best too.
Tridel's stuff as of late hasn't been too bad.. Alter was a bit of a miss but other than that a lot of their downtown work has turned out quite well. Their waterfront stuff so far is nice, if a little bland, 10 York is a great building, this one and SQ1, the one on McCaul (though some seem to think otherwise on that one), etc. All good stuff, just not great stuff.

Agreed about the McCaul one. Was there the other day and its growing on me. Love the massing, always have - just find it very busy and fussy in its detailing. Could have been a stunner but it's not a junker either.

This is definitely one of the best Tridel and Teeple projects so far. Not necessarily too much that I would deduct marks from. The townhouses are pretty sharp looking too. It'll be nice to see this space again once spring rolls in and the greenery and vegetation is present.

Back