Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Vaughan, at least, already had the corporate offices (though many are too far to walk from the subway, like the new Cara offices). Will it be successful maintaining a mix of employment and high-rise residential? We'll see.

I think the subway will give VMC an edge over MCC for office development.

Waited at the VMC VIVA station yesterday and saw they had opened the escalators connecting the stop to the pedestrian tunnel (the same escalators in the previous photo). Unfortunately, they also closed both elevators for repairs of some sort.

Google finally added the line!
5133DA29-4DCD-44EC-90D8-FE14003AD2E5.png

Is anyone on the board a regular user of the line since it opened? any reports on how it fares? I've taken it a few times over the last year for various reasons (probably about 10 trips total), and Quite enjoy it. Can't say it's ever considerably busy.. but also a lot of those trips are off peak. I'll be taking it up to Vaughan this evening, looking forward to seeing rush hour volumes.

Wow! Only 17 months late.
That seems pretty fast for Google. We mentioned above that they didn't have the Path subway in Manhattan and New Jersey either - and they seem to have added that too recently - that only took 111 years!

Still missing is the London Overland lines that TFL added in May 2015 - so that's 4 years now. And the 2015 TFL Rail line (to be renamed Elizabeth Line when the Crossrail tunnels finally open). And many other systems such as the 120-year old Glasgow Subway, the Ottawa Trillium Line that opened in 2001,

The oddest inconsistency I've seen is that they've had the DLR in London for years, but haven't yet added in the Canning Town to Stratford International branch that opened in 2011! Though it's always seemed odd that Seoul is their only as a graphics layer, rather than the vector-based stuff most cities have - and also seems years out-of-date.

TBF, Bondfield, the contractors on that job just went bust....

Walked past the terminal again today and saw construction workers working on the interior of the building with more signage going in. From what I'm reading their under bankruptcy protection so they are still continuing work on their contracted projects, at a very slow rate.

Is anyone on the board a regular user of the line since it opened? any reports on how it fares? I've taken it a few times over the last year for various reasons (probably about 10 trips total), and Quite enjoy it. Can't say it's ever considerably busy.. but also a lot of those trips are off peak. I'll be taking it up to Vaughan this evening, looking forward to seeing rush hour volumes.

I regularly pass through VMC to transfer from YRT onto VIVA. The ridership seems average at the station, but definitely lower than the ridership Sheppard West station got when it was the terminus for the line. You are essentially garunteed a row of seats if you board at VMC. At the moment, the Brampton Zum bus seems to be doing quite well as the VIVA station typically crowds with commuters trying to catch that bus in the afternoon. A map of the station and better signage would be most appreciated as I have had to redirect lost commuters who attempted to wait for the 20 Jane bus inside the VIVA station.

Last edited:

I was a regular user this spring commuting to YorkU which had great peak and decent off peak ridership. Downsview Park was a ghost town; Finch West was slightly better. AM peak trains southbound at Sheppard West were SRO. PM peak trains heading to VMC were not packed, but decently used. But the whole line was a ghost town after 19:00. What was the ridership at VMC today?

Last edited:
That seems pretty fast for Google. We mentioned above that they didn't have the Path subway in Manhattan and New Jersey either - and they seem to have added that too recently - that only took 111 years!

Still missing is the London Overland lines that TFL added in May 2015 - so that's 4 years now. And the 2015 TFL Rail line (to be renamed Elizabeth Line when the Crossrail tunnels finally open). And many other systems such as the 120-year old Glasgow Subway, the Ottawa Trillium Line that opened in 2001,

The oddest inconsistency I've seen is that they've had the DLR in London for years, but haven't yet added in the Canning Town to Stratford International branch that opened in 2011! Though it's always seemed odd that Seoul is their only as a graphics layer, rather than the vector-based stuff most cities have - and also seems years out-of-date.
Do you suppose that Seoul is that way because we don’t want North Korea using Google Maps to target Seoul?

Back