Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I think all this could be solved if Presto were a fare system instead of merely a fare collection system. Tap on, tap off, with fare-by-distance and payment-by-distance from Presto to the municipalities that maintain and operate the vehicles. I don't see how the status quo in politics would ever allow that to happen though, especially with holdouts like Kitchener that tried to go it alone with their own fare cards (albeit based on identical technology, Mifare DESfire cards and readers connected to networked computers, so purely a software task to convert to Presto as god intended). :(

I was in the VMC area today and there's a lot of development in progress - at least nine cranes visible

Every time I have been by there, lots of development. The YMCA and SmartCentres bus terminal are scheduled to open next in the area, along with lots of condos and offices ( sound familiar ??)

I guess they lied when they said that would be open by Fall 2018. Damn the weather!

There's really not much of a point to the bus terminal at this point. The 20 loads just fine on-street (in fact, that gives VMC more of a "downtown" feel). If SmartCentres wasn't paying for it, the terminal would probably not even be built at all in the forseeable future.

There's really not much of a point to the bus terminal at this point. The 20 loads just fine on-street (in fact, that gives VMC more of a "downtown" feel). If SmartCentres wasn't paying for it, the terminal would probably not even be built at all in the forseeable future.

SmartCentres paid for it ? LOL.

Reactions: rbt
I believe you recall incorrectly. I saw this somewhere the other day but forget the exact numbers... They paid for the naming rights and they payed $15 million or something for the tunnel. The rest, the station itself, is all TYSSE and York Region.

Ah - here's where I saw it :)
http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2017/01/bus-terminal-vaughan-metropolitan-centre-gets-underway
Yep...got it wrong! Cost of the terminal was around $30MM and the $15MM that SC paid was on top of that to build the tunnel........so they end up paying about 1/3 of the cost.

Back