Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

It was a well known fact that york u wanted the busses off its property.

Probably just off the Commons. York's campus is way too big for there to be no bus service at all. In fact, some students with Metropasses have been known to take the old 106 to go from one end of campus to the other.

God I hope so, but at the same time, if Metrolinx doesn't get their shit together and fix the cluster duck that is transferring to York University, we could continue to see this station as a boondoggle for decades to come. It also doesn't help that Caledonia and Bloor-Lansdowne are going to hopefully be built, and transferring up north will only be reserved for Barrie commuters heading to Yorkdale, or along Sheppard Avenue.

Sheppard avenue: first Bessarion, now Downsview Park. Why can't developers build more condos there? Downsview Park actually has some stuff to offer, unlike a graveyard and parking lot at HWY 407...

Patience, grasshopper.

Downsview Park may go on to be one off the most used TYSSE stations if all this pans out:
saturdayindownsviewpark.com

Patience, grasshopper.

Downsview Park may go on to be one off the most used TYSSE stations if all this pans out:

Hate to say it, but one condo at a station won't make much of a difference. Even though Leslie has Concord Park Place and Bayview has Bayview Village, they still only see about 10K passengers per day each.

Patience, grasshopper.

That is actually pretty far from Downsview Park Station. But IIRC the space between Sheppard Ave and the station (it's set pretty far back) is reserved for TOD. Problem is, it can only be 4-5 stories because of the airport.

Google Maps finally fixed their colossal inconvenience screwup -- where many subway trips (via VMC) were falsely quoted as 1h40min from Union to Wonderland.
One minor missing piece of sidewalk, in a crowd-sourced data set? One simply sets one's destination to the bus stop instead of the park gates.

There's numerous examples of this. Simply provide an update to Google - why write thousands of words about such a triviality - imagine how many bug fixes you could have provided to Google maps in the interim.

How much are you paying Google Maps for this service - perhaps you should seek a refund.

Time for an anecdotal ridership account.

Took the extension today northbound at 1:30 in the afternoon. Stations between Sheppard West and YorkU were ghost towns, but most seats in the train taken by students. Big crowd disembarked at YorkU. Going southbound in the PM peak, ridership from the north was decent with an enormous crowd at YorkU. This station is an absolute Taj Mahal. But it won't have any problems with ridership, buzzing with students throughout the day.

It was really disappointing to see the water stains on the walls.

Also saw markings on the platform that looked like guidelines to line up with doors. Are these for ATC?

Sheppard West was bustling as well, somewhat busier than I remember it last year.
I really think they made a mistake not making the sheppard west busses stopping primarily at Downsview Park. Sure you can get off but theres a long walk to the station so most people simple stay on until Sheppard West. It also doesn't make much sense to me if there is a GO train there that people can transfer to.

That's generally what you can expect from this line moving forward.

Busy during rush hour, minimal usage at all other times.

Is it really any surprise? Look at where it's located:

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.784...4!1sJz88EIW4VCTR6wxO72pD7Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Certainly wouldn't look out of place in a Walking Dead episode.

I have used Pioneer Village station at various times during the day (both weekdays/weekends) going southbound and the train is always empty. Maybe 20-30 people inside. There was no reason (except political) to extend the line into Vaughan. What a waste of money.

Not surprised by any of this. The Yonge line will be much of the same off peak was will Sheppard East and the Danforth extension imo.

One minor missing piece of sidewalk, in a crowd-sourced data set? One simply sets one's destination to the bus stop instead of the park gates.

There's numerous examples of this. Simply provide an update to Google - why write thousands of words about such a triviality - imagine how many bug fixes you could have provided to Google maps in the interim.
It's the butterfly in the Chaos theory -- a small thing cascaded into a major thing:
The missing segment caused certain transit search results to completely disappear from Canada's Wonderland search results since only the fastest 3 routes are usually displayed. Meaning, at times, there were no transit search results that included the Vaughan subway extension. Few Google Transit search results (and any apps that relied on Google data) returned any optimal transit routes for Canada's Wonderland.

You might not be dependant on Google but your children (the Texting Generation) is increasingly dependant on it, and it is important for data for popular transit destinations to remain accurate.

Reactions: rbt

Back