Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

407 is outside of TTC "PAID AREA" and therefore doesn't help anyone unless transferring to/from GO or YRT routes. Most TTC riders will never know of 407 washroom unless they see it on a TTC MAP.

If there is a washroom at Pioneer Station, I miss it. If it outside TTC "PAID AREA", same as 407.

Time to move onto something else, since this been pick clean. What about the artwork at Pioneer??

According to your logic, drum, there are ZERO washrooms on the entire TYSSE, because even at VMC the washrooms are outside the TTC fare paid area. How exactly is it that that "doesn't help anyone"?

M
From this link:

SubwayFutureMap_lg.jpg

The stations on the TTC subway are shown with the male/female washroom pictograph. So Highway 407 does as well have washrooms.

Why put a washroom at Highway 407, and not at a more useful station? Especially when there’s another washroom just one stop north at VMC

Why put a washroom at Highway 407, and not at a more useful station? Especially when there’s another washroom just one stop north at VMC

Perhaps the justification was all the traffic expected from GO when they start using the station? Busses are not always every 10 minutes and people to need a place to both defecate and urinate.

With York University I can see the justification being the proximity to buildings full of washrooms and the usage of the station. People use the station to get to the university and as such they can defecate in the university while calling in bomb threats to get out of an exam. Should it not be a fake bomb threat the requirement for a washroom will be made a moot point via the sudden self-defecation upon notification of the aforementioned bomb threat. God I miss being at York during exam season... haha.

All joking aside given the low usage of some of the stations washrooms are a moot point. Why have washrooms that you have to pay someone to clean when hardly anyone will use them?

FYI, York University Station actually has two sets of washrooms, a unisex one for the "collector" behind the information booth section and another pair by the faux Gateway stand for other staff personnel.

FYI, York University Station actually has two sets of washrooms, a unisex one for the "collector" behind the information booth section and another pair by the faux Gateway stand for other staff personnel.

Yes, if you're counting like that I believe every station has washrooms for staff (easily identified by the blue and pink circles centered near the top of the door), but the question was clearly about the availability of customer washrooms

Yes but not accessible to the public unless like me you know how to pick a lock.

Yes but not accessible to the public unless like me you know how to pick a lock.

Are you implying you used one before?

A lot of common locks are quite easy to bypass, as long as you’re willing to use brute force. Something to keep in mind if you find yourself needing to use the washroom at York U Starion.

Is there any update on just when GO will start using the 407 station?

Do they not want to stop running their buses through York U in fear they'd loose those passengers?

According to your logic, drum, there are ZERO washrooms on the entire TYSSE, because even at VMC the washrooms are outside the TTC fare paid area. How exactly is it that that "doesn't help anyone"?
Again, I never noticed a washrooms at VMC and if they are outside of TTC Paid Area, then there are no TTC Washrooms on the extension.Then it would make no different to riders, since there is one there, one way or another.

The question is, who control the washrooms??

Like things these days, TTC talks customers service, yet they fail in many areas providing that service and washrooms are one of them.

GO has no washrooms for Mississauga Transitway other than Rentforth GO does have washrooms at a fair number of GO Stations with most close outside AM Peak time and a few at PM. GO has move to unisex washrooms for staff since its cheaper than having both sex.

Washrooms are a "MUST" for todays needs and can be added at a number of stations today, other than cost.

Back