Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Heck, 5% of $500k is $25,000.00. Still not beyond the realm of possibility for many, and at that price you get many more pre-builds to choose from.

I'd be surprised if $500k didn't get your foot in the door at this place, for instance:

http://expocondosvip.ca

That's just a block from VCC.

Meanwhile, people are busy buying condos around the new stations, that are not even finished or even started yet.

See link.

How public transit affects home values in Toronto

A residential building boom is predicated on Toronto’s new subways and LRTs.

This kid is going to a have a rude awakening if he thinks he's going to survive in that area without a car. I mean, everything is possible, but I can't see it being a good experience. Where is he going to go grocery shopping, Walmart? Also, he probably doesn't realize that the subway will be double fare when going into the city.

You may be right. But is there some reason I'm missing why shopping for groceries at Walmart is impossible or undesirable?

(personally, I dislike the place but they have good prices and it's walking distance from his condo so....)

He can use uber for short trips which is what a lot of people are doing who don't have cars.

This kid is going to a have a rude awakening if he thinks he's going to survive in that area without a car. I mean, everything is possible, but I can't see it being a good experience. Where is he going to go grocery shopping, Walmart? Also, he probably doesn't realize that the subway will be double fare when going into the city.

Bicycles?

pedal-people.jpg

Using attachments or specialized.
bryan542_large.jpg

Or tricycles, when there's a special on...
shanghai_cargo.jpg

Last edited:
I'm an avid cyclist, but there's no way I'd bike in that part of York Region. Even biking on Highway 7 east of Yonge feels dangerous with bike lanes there.

You may be right. But is there some reason I'm missing why shopping for groceries at Walmart is impossible or undesirable?

(personally, I dislike the place but they have good prices and it's walking distance from his condo so....)

Because Walmart is evil?

Seriously though, they are a serviceable grocery store. Would still rather buy some types of meat or produce elsewhere. But for groceries a Walmart is probably better than some of the downtown options.

I happened to see this new 407 station from the airplane coming in to YYZ a few days ago. I'm sure it has been said, but seems like a big waste of money to build extravagant stations when they could be incorporated into new high-rise or midrise developments. The renders seem to suggest that the station will be a place where people want to go and hang out and be leisurely. Given all of the suburban subway projects sucking the life out of Toronto higher order transit, the only solution is de-amalgamation. The political position of the "old" city is at the back of the line. Why put up with that?

Back