Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Perhaps but they were delayed a year because the elevators didn't work. That had little to do with New York.

I'm not sure about that. Seems typical to me that NY, practically the home of "not invented here syndrome", when using an elevator design that is used in many locations elsewhere in the world, took a year just to get it working.

Speaking of that extension that just opened in NYC - one of the escalators stopped working 5.5 hours later :D

And the elevators were not working on opening day.

Screen shot 2015-09-14 at 10.25.18 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-09-14 at 10.25.18 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-09-14 at 10.25.18 PM.png
    362.6 KB · Views: 970
Trains travel really slow approaching Kipling too. Sometimes the line can reach Islington. I'm kind of dreading the move of MiWay buses to Kipling. I fear my commute will be longer due the approach to Kipling.

Same problems at Finch and Kennedy.

Which make me scratch my head wondering how they think they are going to run more trains.

At least Downsview problems will be pushed to Vaughan in a couple of years.

Finch will be the issue, Vaughan will be fine as the turn backs will be split between two locations as not all trains will run to Vaughan.

I wish that the TTC had used tail-tracks behind the stations, to switch directions. Like in Montreal, maybe. Trains enter on one side, exit the station into a tail-track, switch ends, and then move into the opposite side of the station for the return trip. The problem would be having to wait on the platform instead on a waiting train.

Back