Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Moley finished its run.
http://ttc.ca/Spadina/index.jsp

Was there a reason why Moley and Holey cant do a part of the Northern Tunnels?
Different contractor. Presumably they only staffed and equipped to run 2 TBMs at once, not 4. This is the basis of how he'd have bidded the project. I'd think there would be significant additional cost to the contractor to run 4 TBMs simultaneously.

Different contractor. Presumably they only staffed and equipped to run 2 TBMs at once, not 4. This is the basis of how he'd have bidded the project. I'd think there would be significant additional cost to the contractor to run 4 TBMs simultaneously.

Thank you
I guess it wouldn't matter much anyway. They would probably finish all tunnels by the end of the year.

What a meaningless survey. And what does east end even mean? East end Toronto used to be west of Victoria Park, and some people use this. These days though, some of the media will refer to a shooting at Malvern Centre - north of Finch, to be East End!

I expect if they'd put "Near My House" in as one of the options, it would have won!

What a meaningless survey. And what does east end even mean? East end Toronto used to be west of Victoria Park, and some people use this. These days though, some of the media will refer to a shooting at Malvern Centre - north of Finch, to be East End!

I expect if they'd put "Near My House" in as one of the options, it would have won!
It is ambiguous, but the reaches of "City of Toronto" has been, for 15 years, west from Pearson, to Rouge in the east.

It is ambiguous, but the reaches of "City of Toronto" has been, for 15 years, west from Pearson, to Rouge in the east.
That doesn't mean "east end" means the most eastern piece. In London "West End" means Soho (or other nearby areas), not Hounslow. In Montreal, east end is far west of Pointe-Aux-Trembles and Anjou.

Earlier, they mentioned that Moley will be done by the late January. I am not sure why it was more than a month behind the schedule (and they don't explain).

Holey and Moley had suffered from "reliability issues" during their second runs. I have no idea what that means exactly, but both southern runs were considerably slower than their northern ones.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

What about opening some of it before then.

If it is all one big contract (tunnel, stations, tracks, electrical, etc) then potentially the Contractor may offer this to compensate for their errors that caused the delay.

If there are several contractors - which I think is the case, then you are asking Contractor B to incur extra costs by changing their planned work schedule, just because Contractor A made mistakes. Of course Contractor B would want more.

Openning in time for Pan Am is obviously not possible - especially now - so there is not much point in rushing to finish 6 or 12 months early.

This may actually make be better because it would have looked foolish if the line openned a few months after the Pan Am games when York U is a prominant venue.

Back