Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

Today:

bBFEIaR.jpg

NNA7A8R.jpg

It honestly turned out the way most of us didn't expect, otherwise there would have been calls to make it taller at the planning stages ...

Nobody plans how tall a building is going to be based on how tall fanboys would like it, at any stage of the project. It's all about the business case.

Moreover the RBC building is quite nice I'll argue ... in terms of night time lighting it is the best by far in Toronto ! (ignoring the CN tower).

I love the reflection of TD Canada Trust Tower off of TD Bank Tower in that shot.

Is it just me or is anyone else filled with rage when they look at infinity and just has to look away?

There are way more important things going on in the City (and world) to rage about than some second rate architecture.

Is it just me or is anyone else filled with rage when they look at infinity and just has to look away?

Rage? Isn't that a harsh term...and to be used in conjunction with describing a buildings design? The answer for me is "no". Even if I don't like something and may be disappointed with the end result, it's not worth getting enraged over. This is still someone's home...and one that they are likely proud of living in.

Perhaps a search on Google is in order for: "What's worth getting angry over?"

None of the search results will come up with "mediocre condo towers" or "Toronto's number of water features" or "Aura", for example.

I couldn't agree more, the blue adds a sense of life down on Wellington during the night.

RBC has the most amount of lighting, but it doesn't work all that effectively imo. I prefer the lighting on the Met and that Ryerson building.

RBC has the most amount of lighting, but it doesn't work all that effectively imo

Agreed. I maintain my opinion that the lighting doesn't fit the shape of the building... it's always looked really awkward to me.

I can live with one of them, but I really don't like how there are two. And I really, really don't like how Infiniti 2 faces the Gardiner. Both buildings are quite visible to Gardiner drivers as you pass the Rogers Centre. It is unfortunate that it is the "face" of Southcore because there are some solid buildings in the area.

Last edited:

Back