Toronto SIX50 King West | ?m | 16s | Freed | Core Architects

I wonder if they will have any issues with respect to the King frontage?

I like the building, too; but I would like to see Freed's projects evolve a little more in terms of their appearance.

exactly - keeping a brick exterior would actually have been very interesting, but as you know, there is project economics to think about.

Though we truly are in a "glass is as good as brick" era--certainly, the "Stig Harvor" reactionaries don't do the pro-brick cause justice by attacking something like SAS out east.

However, I *will* make an exception for the replacement of Victorian brick rows by glassy mass-retail shop windows along Queen...

I just might buy there!

But it would be nice if the blank concrete walls were finished with red brick matching the old buildings (st germaine hotel red brick mind you.)

So it'll be a 2 phase project? A tower and a midrise? It would be nice if Freed had some competition in the area--create a bit of variety. Btw, haven't been in the area in a few months: how's that building@Richmond and Portland looking? Gonna go check that hood out Sunday PM.

But it would be nice if the blank concrete walls were finished with red brick matching the old buildings (st germaine hotel red brick mind you.)

So it'll be a 2 phase project? A tower and a midrise? It would be nice if Freed had some competition in the area--create a bit of variety. Btw, haven't been in the area in a few months: how's that building@Richmond and Portland looking? Gonna go check that hood out Sunday PM.

Its finished - 533 Richmond. People are taking occupancy.

New project - 650 King St. West

New condo project will be launched in June at 650 King west, actually most of the small units are already sold. This area is becoming very expensive with all these projects, 75 portland, 550 wellington, 20 stewart, 455 Adelaide and now 650 King. SF in this is being sold at $400, many realtors say the price will go up to $500 easily in less than 2 or 3 years. I personally love the concept of this area with low rise buildings with very high quality in finishes.

Regarding the existing bldg on-site: nice original doors. Hope they're salvaged...

posted by The'Sauga over at SSC:

six50ov1.jpg

not bad!

maybe not directly on Stewart but the neighbourhood has plenty of redish brick already

Back