Toronto Six Points Plaza Redevelopment | 144.6m | 45s | Liberty Development | Arcadis

... the proposed park space is basically useless dead green space fronting a very busy arterial, and the towers themselves are bland.

Hmm, the developer seems to have opted to front the park on to this City space:

1638883232056.png

What exactly is that therefore? That looks like an easement for a road almost, which they've opted not to open.......

I can see an argument for an on-site playground, and/or a DOLA, as there isn't a close by space without crossing a major street.

Certainly such a space could be laid out/situated better.
As proposed the park appears not to envision said amenities.

Given a choice, I think I would go for an off-site parkland dedication here.

Probably next to the existing hydro corridor:

1638883594215.png

There is a proposed bike trail under consideration here that would run up to existing valley trail to the north.

A site like this would be well suited to a meadoway treatment under the hydro towers and a DOLA with a playground and trees where some of the houses are currently situated.

Just a thought.

Hmm, the developer seems to have opted to front the park on to this City space:

View attachment 367575

What exactly is that therefore? That looks like an easement for a road almost, which they've opted not to open.......

I can see an argument for an on-site playground, and/or a DOLA, as there isn't a close by space without crossing a major street.

Certainly such a space could be laid out/situated better.
As proposed the park appears not to envision said amenities.

Given a choice, I think I would go for an off-site parkland dedication here.

Probably next to the existing hydro corridor:

View attachment 367576

There is a proposed bike trail under consideration here that would run up to existing valley trail to the north.

A site like this would be well suited to a meadoway treatment under the hydro towers and a DOLA with a playground and trees where some of the houses are currently situated.

Just a thought.
The city space that you've shown in your street view picture is the historic alignment of Dundas Street West that the city has opted to line like this with trees. This stretch will be extended through the development block that is on the south-west corner of Kipling and Bloor and link up with a similar tree-lined boulevard on the North-East of Kipling and Bloor up until Dundas Street West. Kinda like the following.
1638887830410.png

As much as I've enjoyed many a meal at Apache Burger, I wish they'd sell. In an ideal world, they could move across Dundas into the closed Starbucks at the southwest corner at Aukland. (Anyone move in there yet?) The Apache burger site would potentially make a redevelopment here much more cohesive…

…but then so would buying up more of the lots on Jopling and Beamish, or at least coordinating redevelopment of that entire wedge of land east of Aukland Road, north of Dundas, south of Bloor. According, I command the City to start an Area Study immediately!

The site's internal road plan strikes me as a lost opportunity to do something new-downtown worthy because, yes, its non-engagement of Dundas is a major letdown.

I'll be surprised if what's eventually built looks all that much like this first salvo. Here's hoping the density stays.

When could we see shovels in the ground? 2 years or 4 years?

Really like this proposal. Get ready for some blowing construction dirt for a couple of years lol

Sad to lose Shoppers Drug Mart, Post Office and Home Health Care store for our growing seniors' population.

I hope they incorporate them in the new plan.

Development is moving faster in this neighborhood than I thought it would.

Great news.

When could we see shovels in the ground? 2 years or 4 years?

Really like this proposal. Get ready for some blowing construction dirt for a couple of years lol

Sad to lose Shoppers Drug Mart, Post Office and Home Health Care store for our growing seniors' population.

I hope they incorporate them in the new plan.

Development is moving faster in this neighborhood than I thought it would.

Great news.
Ehh, you'll probably end up with two Shoppers… they don't tend to miss any chances to serve a large new population!

The at-grade experience here is piss-poor. Only two large retail spaces on the north end of the block. Nothing facing the through street except indoor amenity. It's particularly silly that the render shows all the fun retail you might expect, but the plan certainly confirms that nothing of the sort is envisioned there. Garbage.

4.png
Screenshot 2021-12-07 103148.png

Preliminary Report on this one to the February 24th meeting of EYCC:

Usual concerns raised........though I note mention of separation distances, and may come back to take another look at those.........

What I do take note of is that the applicant is trying to reduce their parks obligation here and the City is not really into that....

1644814315370.png

Well, as someone who recently bought a unit nearby I can’t say that I won’t be disappointed that this is going to rob me of my summer sunsets. But as. A younger person I have to respect the proposed density, as I’ve always been an advocate for that. Here’s hoping an increase in density in the area can do something to spur some more cycling infrastructure further down Dundas in both directions.

The city-owned giant triangular chunk of sidewalk is truly puzzling. I kind of get what they were going for with the continuous pedestrian promenade, but it's blocking the activation of Dundas on what should be an important corner. I dislike the proposed southern parkland. It's a useless rump which deadens the corner, and mirrors six-points park across the street, which seems less like an inviting civic space and more like "condo backyard". However, given that big triangular void, what other choice did they have?

If that sidewalk is extended all the way northeast, I also think it would awkwardly affect the block between Beamish and Kipling.

I like that there's commercial frontage on Bloor, but Dundas is neglected. From the renders it also looks like there is retail on the interior street, which I think should have been moved to the southern edge. Maybe if the Apache Burger site ends up incorporated, then there would be room to revise some commercial space down towards Jopling/Dundas.

New rendering was added to the database. The total storey count changed from 45, 42, 35, 30,25 10 & 10 storeys to 45, 43, 41, 36, 25 & 8-storey. The total unit count increased from 2130 units to 2387 units. Finally, the total parking changed from 914 parking to 741 parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning.

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 12  2023-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 12  2023-24.jpg

Going to miss my 24 hour Shoppers Drug Mart.

Talked to store manager. They hope to be incorporated in the ground level retail. He said the issue will be where can they occupy a temporary Shoppers location close by during construction.

Going to miss my 24 hour Shoppers Drug Mart.

Talked to store manager. They hope to be incorporated in the ground level retail. He said the issue will be where can they occupy a temporary Shoppers location close by during construction.
Don't worry - in a few years, the only retail in Toronto will be Shoppers!

Back