Toronto Sidewalk Toronto at Quayside | ?m | ?s | Sidewalk | Snøhetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the catch-all thread for Sidewalk Labs stuff?

https://twitter.com/dmrider/status/1024287762403520512

Breaking - @WaterfrontTO board unanimously approves planned development agreement w @sidewalklabs to develop #Quayside high-tech innovation district on #Toronto’s waterfront. Board chair says should be signed and in effect within an hour. Below is motion approved.

DjcASVcXsAAN5Re.jpg

If it's true that Will Fleissig lost his job atop Waterfront Toronto for his handling of the Sidewalk Labs file, how is the Board doing anything differently?

Wait, there are folks here who are not welcoming our new google overlords?
The answer to that lies mostly in the international quality press, namely the Financial Times (Google "financial times sidewalk toronto" ) UK Guardian, NYTimes, etc. In Toronto, the only real in-depth journalism on it, save for TorStar and Globe Johnny-come-latelies, was mostly Lorinc and a few others in the alternative press.

Questions on why Toronto's major press was so dumbed-down on it all begs questions.

I'm no great fan of Winnan-Wong, but he called this one right early on.

On the up-side, it is better than ferris wheels...I think.

What do they mean by 'unlocking' $40 million? Did they sell another piece of land to Sidewalk?

Last edited:
By John Lorinc/Spacing:

Waterfront Toronto gets tough with Sidewalk Labs

I think we have some clues to that, per above.

AoD

Very intriguing.

Sounds like it was a complete giveaway, except not binding, and that the giveaway is not being taken back, at least partially, if not fully.

The rollback of the portlands from the deal is very significant and changes the complexion quite a bit.

Oh, PS, Alvin, your link is broken!

Very intriguing.

Sounds like it was a complete giveaway, except not binding, and that the giveaway is not being taken back, at least partially, if not fully.

The rollback of the portlands from the deal is very significant and changes the complexion quite a bit.

Oh, PS, Alvin, your link is broken!

Fixed. From the looks of that - it is more like a technology partnership than wholesale development by lead by Sidewalk.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back