Mississauga Sheridan College, Hazel McCallion Campus | ?m | 5s | Sheridan College | Moriyama Teshima Architects

P1050855.JPG

Attachments

• P1050855.JPG
    P1050855.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 728
Will the new building extend as far west as Living Arts Drive? From this photo it looks as if it may not.
No it will not but I believe there is going to be an outdoor workout space.

https://www.sheridancollege.ca/about/campus-locations/hmc/student-centre
The new 70,000-square-foot student and athletics expansion at the Hazel McCallion Campus (HMC) is an investment in our student life, and will enrich the extracurricular and recreational offerings for the HMC learning community. The expected completion date for the expansion is Fall 2019. The new building will include numerous new student life, food services, recreation and athletics spaces. The project is a collaboration between Sheridan, Sheridan Athletics, and the Sheridan Student Union.

The expansion of the Hazel McCallion Campus also supports the broader vision of the City of Mississauga’s Downtown 21 master plan.

The new building will connect directly to the north end of HMC B-Wing, parallel to Rathburn Road. It offers a dynamic series of student-focused spaces that complement the existing academic infrastructure while supporting and reinforcing the recently developed urban design objectives for the Sheridan Campus and the City of Mississauga.

The new five-storey building will feature a range of student life and athletics facilities:

• The ground-floor atrium is designed for optimal flexibility and offers multiple spaces for small and large student gatherings and functions.
  • The second floor looks down into the atrium, offering quieter study areas and lounge spaces, student union and club offices, and a multi-faith space.
  • A specialty Athletics Centre that includes cardio and weight equipment, studio space and change rooms is located on the third level together with a double-height gym space and elevated running track.
  • The upper level houses a large purpose-built room to host Sheridan Senate meetings, and will be available to other groups when the Senate is not in session. The upper level also includes a breakout meeting room and lounge area.

That's a bit of a smaller footprint than I imagined based on the renderings. Pleased to see it moving forward though, can't wait until all phases are complete. The less surface parking and more buildings in Downtown Mississauga the better.

Last edited:
DJI_0821.JPG
DJI_0829.JPG
DJI_0828.JPG
DJI_0826.JPG
That's a bit of a smaller footprint that I imagined based on the renderings. Pleased to see it moving forward though, can't wait until all phases are complete. The less surface parking and more buildings in Downtown Mississauga the better.
Still have a ways to go...

Attachments

• DJI_0821.JPG
    DJI_0821.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 687
  • DJI_0829.JPG
    DJI_0829.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 690
  • DJI_0828.JPG
    DJI_0828.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 703
  • DJI_0826.JPG
    DJI_0826.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 664
Most of the progress is being made on the west side with Sheridan, Wesley, Parkside Village and M City. Every time I visit downtown Mississauga I think about how I can't wait for Oxford to start developing their parking lots.

Back