Toronto Seventy5 Portland | ?m | 11s | Freed | Core Architects

I look forward to seeing what the view will be (as I have a courtyard view) with whatever furniture and extra greenery they will add. Plus, when the trees start to bloom.

Anyone know as of yet how the lighting will be in the courtyard? I last heard they were going to try and add lights to the table. The blue hanging lights in the concept apparently will not end up being added.

And, will the building now have 24h concierge/security or only part time?

I also heard the hanging lights are out. I hope they replace them with some alternate lighting.

FYI - there's a facebook group now for this project - its called "75 Portland Condominium Buyers" . It only has a few members now but will hopefully grow as the building starts getting occupied.

And, will the building now have 24h concierge/security or only part time?

This would be found in your disclosure booklet. A 24 hour concierge service is hugely expensive. Once formed, your condo board could opt to get rid of this service because of the cost (well over $100K a year).

Expect your condo fees to go up by something like 50% after the building turn-over and subsequent reserve fund study.

Occupants

I know people took occupancy last week, any reviews people?? How does the building look??

I find much of the exposed exterior concrete ugly. In my opinion, this is the least successful Freed building in terms of exterior appearance.

I find much of the exposed exterior concrete ugly. In my opinion, this is the least successful Freed building in terms of exterior appearance.

That's probably because they are not done with the exterior concrete. It's going to be painted a glossy white once all is said in done.

This building is beautiful. Are they really going to paint all that concrete? This is the one instance where it doesn't need it.

4521861001_7698a8d581_b.jpg

It reminds me of the "nightmare on Elm Street" in the best way possible however. Though I like that building just a little bit, which is more than most people will admit to.

This building is beautiful. Are they really going to paint all that concrete? This is the one instance where it doesn't need it.
Yes, the concrete will be coated with a white epoxy. The raw, untreated concrete looks awesome now, but not after 5-10 years of weather and pollution seep in because the concrete is porous. It'll look like a former Soviet brutalist ghetto. The coating will protect it and keep it looking pristine. I just hope the finish isn't textured like stucco or something.

Back