Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

Hi this is my first post here! I lived in Toronto for many years before moving and it is very nice to see all these developments going up. They should really engage more international architects (they will always have to partner up with a local firm anyway if people are worried about jobs) and not just play it safe. But the recent development such as this is encouraging though.

This is an interesting building and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I wondered if they planned on doing anything in the same block, north of the Ryerson Learning Centre?

Bp76zANCMAAEZ0g.png:large

I don't really like it.

Keep in mind that the health building is for sale. It's an appropriate place for a tall hotel tower. The last thing we want is that disposable infill building being designated heritage because the SAM sign is on top of it.

Wong-Tam's office told me that it shouldn't take long to get that sing up and running. It could even be done this summer. I hope they are right, I'll be relieved when I see it up and flashing. Animated, neon signs are one thing Toronto is sorely lacking, especially on Yonge Street, which used to have lots of them. (good ones too)

Would have looked better if they had angled them relative to each other
and centred it over the top of the building - even hanging over the top edge.

Wong-Tam's office told me that it shouldn't take long to get that sing up and running. It could even be done this summer. I hope they are right, I'll be relieved when I see it up and flashing. Animated, neon signs are one thing Toronto is sorely lacking, especially on Yonge Street, which used to have lots of them. (good ones too)

Would have been nice if they'd have timed this for Luminato.

Back