Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

DSC_6755.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_6755.jpg
    DSC_6755.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 1,119
The dry wall on the Yonge St level has been put up within the last few weeks or so, with reference to the Basil Box.

Ryerson plans to install the Sam The Record Man sign at Dundas Square "soon".

This week, the university issued a request for interested qualified companies to bid on installing the sign on top of a city-owned building facing Yonge-Dundas Square.

A Ryerson spokesperson said it’s too soon to estimate when the sign will be up, but that the university is “committed” to restoring it. Companies that respond will be asked about a timeline, Michael Forbes said in an email. Ryerson will be paying all the costs.

“We look forward to seeing it back up and re-lit.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...e-sam-the-record-man-sign-to-public-view.html

At least it will blend in with the rest of the advertising around the square...

That being said, the roof above the Toronto Public Health building will have to be structurally supportive of the sign (mounting/weight etc), so it is not necessarily a done deal, unless they have actually thought of this.

My old HS was once ready to install solar panels on its rooftop, but the roof ended up being slightly different than its sister school, so it could not support them.

Last edited:
It's very good news.

I find that a day at Urban Toronto without some comments about some sign somewhere in the city is a boring day indeed.

That being said, the roof above the Toronto Public Health building will have to be structurally supportive of the sign (mounting/weight etc), so it is not necessarily a done deal, unless they have actually thought of this.

Hoping they have actually thought of this. Having the building topple over because of the weight of the sign would be awful.

P.S. I'm sure some people would prefer it to be affixed to the HNR Dundas Square tower in case this were to ever occur...

It's unfortunate the sign won't be going somewhere that is at eye level. It won't be as striking way up in the air.

Back