Toronto Roncesvalles Lofts | ?m | 6s | Triumph | David Peterson

The more I see this building, the more I almost think I'd buy in a building like this one. The only thing that sucks is the neighbours--I never want to live next to a gas (and propane) station. The interior courtyard is brilliant.

For me, I'm moving from one of the condo's that hug along the gardiner express and rail line, actually further away then the more recent developments like NXT or Park Lake. I can tell you its loud and the CN rail is really loud and i'm a fair distance away. Note sound travels up! I can't even open my windows. I would rather have a gas station beside me than thousands of auto exhaust fumes 24/7 out my window. I actually have two hepa air cleaners and it comes out black by the end of the year. Some things to consider.

Last edited:
Introductions

Hi everyone,

I can't believe I didn't stumble onto this forum earlier!! I am also a owner of a unit in this building and the updates in this thread have been MORE informative than the official ones I get from the builder!

I'm on the 3rd floor and have received a confirmed closing date of mid-April. Pretty excited. Interesting to see how other people's move-in dates vary. I'm hoping that they can't move the closing date on me *again* so soon to closing!

I love the metal scadding of this building... it's very modern and industrial-looking at the same time.

BTW, love the different colour attempts! I'm partial to orange so those were my faves. ;)

Oh, and regarding parking, were any of you able to purchase parking spots? That additional floor elbowed me out of one. :(

Hi Dotster, (future neighbour)
I agree. urbantoronto helped put things in perspective on what is actually going on.
Thanks for sharing your occupancy date.
Interesting Mid april for the 3rd floor. I'm on the 5thfr floor and scheduled to move in first week of June. And I understand from another buyer on the first floor 2 that their move in date was Mid May.
I was guess that two story units take more time to complete.

I did purchase a parking space and storage unit. I made sure that those items were in my purchase as, these things are a premium in the city.
I heard on UT that the current residence owners on Ritchie ave had concerns about Feather factory lofts (across the street) purchasers having no parking available and they would compete for permit street parking on the street.

Last edited:
I heard on UT that the current residence owners on Ritchie ave had concerns about Feather factory lofts (across the street) purchasers having no parking available and they would compete for permit street parking on the street.

i don't find parking in that area to be too bad, especially in the evenings. during the day, construction workers park on ritchie but they leave in the evening, opening up several parking spots.

I passed by this building on the weekend and it looks to be coming along.
While I like the cladding, I find it very strange that the top two floors have the green exterior un-cladded. It makes the building look unfinished and kind of cheap.
It was not supposed to be that way per the rendering. Does anyone else agree with me? Why would the builders do it this way?

originally, there was one less floor, and so the green at the top was much less pronounced in relation to the wood and metal.

March 8 Click for Full size.
This project would look a lot better in another colour than what there.

Maybe by the time to repainting has to take place, the owners will change it hopeful.

Last edited:
16 March: I see they've added a different cladding to the lower portion--looks okay.

dsc01327.jpg

you can see them working on the lobby (at least i think it's the lobby - near the white van in the photo above).

I'm about ready to declare this a failure - looks like a suburban self-storage barn rather than something people are supposed to live in.

I think you might be right. It has so much potential, but this building really illustrates how important it is to execute the details properly. The stucco on top and its colouring was a really poor decision.

^I'm with you both. I wonder if the siding acts as shielding from their neighbours. Between that huge propane tank and the gas station let's hope no one gets lazy with their lit cigarette butts.

appliances.jpg
final.jpg
newpave.jpg

Here are some photos from the last few days.

They moved in some appliances and repaved the back alley/parking area (today, all the contractors were parked in the parking area, rather than on the street).

Also, the "final release" will be may 8 & 9th.

Attachments

• appliances.jpg
    appliances.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 525
  • final.jpg
    final.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 480
  • newpave.jpg
    newpave.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 445

Back